The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Took my chances today  (Read 728 times)

Offline Itsafullmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
Took my chances today
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:34 PM »
Drove around my area looking to fish most of my small bodies I wasn't able to fish do to lake of parking since the last thing  I want to do is park on the road and get a ticket, towed or hit with a plow. Ended up fishing sabbattus from noon to 5.  No big runs 2 false flags 1 blue gill on the jig rod and a cat at the end of the night pulling traps.  Am I the only one who thinks sabbattus is super slow right now?  This upcoming storm is making me think i won't I won't be fishing for a little while but who knows

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: Took my chances today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:44 PM »
North ends been good but good luck getting out there now.

Offline Itsafullmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:56 PM »
That's what I'm hearing I was about 100 yards north of the launch only way I got there was walking a snowmobile trail from another guy that was out there tending his flipped over shack. That lake was my last option sense I haven't had any luck on it this season. I was honestly looking for a multi flag day on a small body but nothing was plowed .

Offline tkmoney_99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 07:58 PM »
North ends been good but good luck getting out there now.
Heading up on Saturday. Hopefully someone has broke the trail.looking to get to the north end on sleds.
Can't catch em on your couch.

Offline WhiteSquall

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:45 PM »
X2, Heading there Sunday. Hoping someone has made the trip to the north end by then.

Offline Itsafullmonty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:00 PM »
If you have a sled or a 4x4 your fine, that's the only way I got out today was walking on a sled path only falling thru 3ft+ snow every couple steps Haha. I've fishe the south end 4 times
Now with only a handful of pickerel sized pike to show. North end seems like the spot just can't get to it with no sled for me

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.