The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jobs  (Read 2359 times)

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jobs
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:00 AM »
This is probably completely off topic, but I figured the worst it could be is a shot in the dark. I am currently living and working at a financial firm in Nebraska, but due to some crazy life changes (divorce, selling house, etc) I want to pursue my goal of moving to Montana. I will be heading up this week to look for a job, as I have a place to stay around the Bozeman/4 Corners area.

I don't necessarily need to find something in my current line of work, although it would be a plus, but I am more so looking for something that will pay my rent and small amount of bills and allow me to get my foot in the door.

If anyone has any ideas or knows somebody looking for help, please let me know, as I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks ice brothers, hopefully being a flatlander will be a thing of the past

Trev

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jobs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:48 AM »
I have a friend that just started working for Edward Jones  here in  Bozeman about a month ago. They hired him with no previous experience.  With that being said I don't know if they are still hiring or not but it's a starting  point.

Good Luck.

Offline RipLipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:52 AM »
There is a lot of need for good project managers for General Contractors in new construction.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Trev, that is probably the most expensive place to live in MT. Just a heads up.

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 11:55 AM »
This time of year I think some of the tax preparation companies look to beef up their staff so that might be an option.  There is also a bank on just about every corner in most of the larger Montana communities and seems like they are always hiring people for one job or another.  Hope you can find something that fits your skill set.  I started out a flatlander (Kansas) and moved to Montana 31 years ago.  Never plan on leaving....

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:13 PM »
I have a friend that just started working for Edward Jones  here in  Bozeman about a month ago. They hired him with no previous experience.  With that being said I don't know if they are still hiring or not but it's a starting  point.

Good Luck.

Awesome, I will definitely check them out! Thanks for the tip

There is a lot of need for good project managers for General Contractors in new construction.

I have no prior knowledge of construction management, but I am definitely willing to work hard!

Trev, that is probably the most expensive place to live in MT. Just a heads up.

I am definitely open to other options (Missoula, Kalispell, Whitefish), but my best friend lives in the Bozeman area and I already have a place to stay for $500-600 per month with both my dogs. It just eliminates one of the two things I need (job and place to stay)

This time of year I think some of the tax preparation companies look to beef up their staff so that might be an option.  There is also a bank on just about every corner in most of the larger Montana communities and seems like they are always hiring people for one job or another.  Hope you can find something that fits your skill set.  I started out a flatlander (Kansas) and moved to Montana 31 years ago.  Never plan on leaving....

Good idea, I plan on checking out as many places as I can and dropping off my resume. I have been looking online too, but figure if I show up in person it shows that I am committed as opposed to applying 1,000 miles away on a computer. Once I make it up there, I don't think I will leave either brother :)

Thanks for the replies and ideas! I just really want to make this work

Trev

Offline bgsbnyzx11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:26 PM »

Offline TipUpDown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2015, 01:48 PM »
Grizz- You might check out this article that was recently in Gt Falls Tribune:
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/money/2015/01/27/edward-jones-seeking-montana-financial-advisers/22433583/

Sounds like they're looking for people in all of MT's cities.  Great Falls would be one of the cheapest to live in, and close to great diversity of hunting / fishing opportunities.  Not the most scenic place to live though.  Good luck with the move - you'll never regret it.

Offline BigBilly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Good luck keep us posted on what you find

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2015, 06:40 PM »
If you need something for the summer around Livingston shoot me a PM. It's nothing to do with finance but it does relate to fishing.

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:14 PM »
If all else fails, you can work at the golf course I help run up in Eureka.
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2015, 07:16 AM »
look here....

https://jobs.mt.gov/jobs/login.seek

Thank you!

Grizz- You might check out this article that was recently in Gt Falls Tribune:
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/money/2015/01/27/edward-jones-seeking-montana-financial-advisers/22433583/

Sounds like they're looking for people in all of MT's cities.  Great Falls would be one of the cheapest to live in, and close to great diversity of hunting / fishing opportunities.  Not the most scenic place to live though.  Good luck with the move - you'll never regret it.

Awesome, definitely might check that out on Tuesday, I have a place I can stay near Great Falls. Thanks!

Good luck keep us posted on what you find

Need all the luck I can get, thanks for the positive support!

If you need something for the summer around Livingston shoot me a PM. It's nothing to do with finance but it does relate to fishing.

Right up my alley, PM sent

If all else fails, you can work at the golf course I help run up in Eureka.

Wouldn't need much convincing to get my Dad up to visit from Arizona! Can't thank you enough for the offer, would definitely be amazing living up there. I'll keep that in mind!

Thanks again to everyone contributing and sending positive vibes. I am nervous about the big move/change, but feel that it's the best thing for my heart and quality of life and couldn't imagine better people or a place to be!

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Your welcome! It's hard to find good help in a small town so if your Dad wants free golf on Montana's #1 course, PM me to work something out.
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.