Author Topic: Lowrance Elite 3X or 4X HDI  (Read 3370 times)

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lowrance Elite 3X or 4X HDI
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:37 AM »
Been on the fence for a while now and I think I am ready to pull the trigger today but, as always, would love any advice before I do...  I am planning to skip buying the all season pack and just buy the units that I will use for ice fishing and also on my kayak.  The question is...

Would you buy the Lowrance Exite 3X for $89 or the Lowrance Elite 4X HDI for $170?  and why?

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lowrance Elite 3X or 4X HDI
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:46 AM »
4 because the taller screen will let you see the water column more clearly. you are getting %25 more height so at 100' 1" would be 25' not 33'.

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:01 AM »
Good point.  The 3X is actually $75 and not $80 as stated earlier.  Not that that matters too much but I am a bit tight...  I usually fish in water no deeper than 50 feet which would make your reasoning about a half inch for eight feet.  Like I said, just pretty cheap so...

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:18 AM »
http://www.anchorexpress.com/Lowrance-Elite-4x-HDI-Fishfinder-000-11296-001

Here is one of the better deals I have seen besides ebay on the 4

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:50 AM »
I was shocked to see that price!  Even with shipping it was still under $150.  I almost ordered it and then I noticed that it didn't come with a transducer.  The one around me for $170 does come with one...

Thank you for looking at sales!

Offline waitara

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:06 PM »
There is a $50 mail in rebate on many of the Lowrance models right now.  My Elite 3X portable kit (bag, battery, ice transducer, suction cup boat transducer arrived today.   After rebate I'm in for under $175.

I have a 4X DSI but I mounted it on my kayak semi-permanently.  At least the transducer isn't coming out easily. The head unit comes out quickly.   Hoping I can swap head units and use the 4X with the ice transducer. 

I also bought an ancient AlumaCraft off craigslist and I'll use the portable on that.

I've been searching the forum trying to find the ideal settings for the 3 or 4 for ice fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.