Author Topic: Granby ATV Travel Conditions  (Read 547 times)

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
Granby ATV Travel Conditions
« on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:00 PM »
Would any of you 3 Lake Tourney participants from last weekend share some ice conditions you encountered out there.  Maybe slush conditions is more accurate.  I'd like to get from Sunset or Stillwater over to Dike 3/Harvey Island area on an ATV. I have an 11 year old who's only been out on smaller water twice and a pretty new 4WD Foreman.  Hate to get stuck way out there while I'm still trying to introduce him to my favorite outdoor sport.  Thanks for any feedback.

Offline Iron Chef

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Granby ATV Travel Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2015, 09:23 PM »
as of sunday, not a problem getting around anywhere, plenty of pressure ridges to cross, but clear & solid, have fun! no snow cover in Arapahoe bay which fished well around 50' right on the bottom
Thanks for the Rapalas

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 12:05 AM »
Thanks Chef.  I've fished out there with slush almost up to my knees but the pressure ridges would be new to me here in CO.  Constant PITA of my youth back in the upper midwest though.  I guess it's time to introduce my boy to Mac fishing.  Hope you cashed a check last weekend...kind of you to reply.

Offline riprap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:45 PM »
I was out there today on my atv and going again tomorrow and likely Saturday. Solid 12" ice everywhere except a few small areas on south side. I covered more of the lake today than ever before. This is one of the pressure ridges that were mentioned. Safe Ice on both sides of every ridge I crossed. It was a beautiful day for fishing out there today except nothing over 18" for me.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:54 PM »
Thanks rap.  Looks like a little snow out there but not too bad.  3 straight days of fishing oughta improve your chances of finding a "cracker" or two.  Thanks for the pic.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.