New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Otsego B.S. 2015  (Read 22219 times)

Offline BIGJim223

• Team IceShanty Addict
Otsego B.S. 2015
« on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Pl has good ice, lots of fishermen, fishing is hit or miss.

BIGJim223

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Otsego B.S. 2015
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:10 PM »
did public landing six perch two short lakers with three guys and a kid slow would be good assumption !!!

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:55 AM »
      wbvitari,
What area were you fishing in?? Public launch, Glimmerglass??? Thanks.
     Kim :tipup: :tipup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wbvitari

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Sorry I was fishing off GG
FLAG, FLAG...... FISH ON!!!!!

Offline wbvitari

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Anyone fish Otsego at night in the winter and if so any Luck? 
FLAG, FLAG...... FISH ON!!!!!

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:49 AM »
Headed up for my first time next week, what kind, size, color lures should I bring up for lakers?

Offline BeenFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:22 AM »
Any reports on the ice outside the bay at Glimmerglass? Are the lakers hitting on shiners in the bay? Want to do a morning run this Sunday. Thanks!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:06 PM »
 Three mile froze up yet? or has anyone ventured over deep water? going to find out for myself on sat but a report would be great!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2015, 03:43 AM »
A buddy fished Three Mile Tuesday. Reported 5 inches of black ice where he was. Very slow fishing.
Best I can give you.

BIGJim223

Thanks BigJim I will be up sat going to go out of glimmer , will see how deep I can get out there will def use a little caution !!

Offline BeenFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2015, 07:05 AM »
Thanks BigJim I will be up sat going to go out of glimmer , will see how deep I can get out there will def use a little caution !!
Fishslapped please give an update on the ice outside of the bay from glimmerglass if possible, when you get out this saturday. I am heading out of glimmerglass early sunday morning. Thanks!

Offline Fishmongerlyndon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:02 AM »
going out this afternoon to GG will keep ya posted

Offline PerchNRail

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Hitting Otsego in the morning... How's the ice from GG... Last weekend we tried to get to deep water for lakers but hit 3inch and stopped did fill up bucket with perch and a nice walleye... Where else is there access to the lake to get to Lakers and Walleye ground? 
A Couple Reasons Why Fishing is Better Than Sex! 1. Nobody expects you to Fish with the same partner for the rest of your life 2. There are no Fishing-transmitted diseases. 3. If your partner takes pictures or videotapes of you Fishing,you don't have to worry about them showing up on the Internet if you become famous. ...

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Fishslapped please give an update on the ice outside of the bay from glimmerglass if possible, when you get out this saturday. I am heading out of glimmerglass early sunday morning. Thanks!
Will do, will be out sunday also

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Forgot to add to my Post!!!

My Step father left behind a 5gallon Bucket on Otsego lake last Saturday. It had a ton of jigs/lures a Battery and a Thermos. May have been on the Ice in Glimmerglass Bay or in the parking lot. Please call 5183013143 with any info. Thanks

Will take a look around hopefully its still there but one never knows especially if there's
 tackle!!!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2015, 04:55 PM »
Hitting Otsego in the morning... How's the ice from GG... Last weekend we tried to get to deep water for lakers but hit 3inch and stopped did fill up bucket with perch and a nice walleye... Where else is there access to the lake to get to Lakers and Walleye ground?

three mile is another access point its hit or miss for me out there some days are great. then you can go days with no luck!!!

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Which side of lake is 3 mile??? Only fished once and couldn't find info on Google....
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Which side of lake is 3 mile??? Only fished once and couldn't find info on Google....

its on the left side of the lake if your facing north past the farmers museum 

Offline BeenFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:59 AM »
3 mile is on the west side of the lake off of route 80. Parking is limited on weekends when the ice is good.

Offline BeenFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2015, 03:27 PM »
Sounds like a good day fish slapped. My dad and I are heading out of glimmerglass in the morning a hope to have as good a day as you did. Glad to hear the Lakers are getting healthy again.

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:32 PM »
how was the ice today trying to figure if i wanna make the trek out there...glimmerglass and 3 mile reports would be helpful..
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:20 PM »
Not sure where on the lake but a friend caught an 11lb Laker this morning. Beautiful fish! Don't know the details but I seen the picture!!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2015, 01:19 PM »
Sleds out on the lake?

While recovering, I tried doctoring up a swedish pimple, looking to test it out...

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline fishslapped

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:42 PM »
Sleds out on the lake?

While recovering, I tried doctoring up a swedish pimple, looking to test it out...

that looks good Bart havent seen any sleds yet but seen some wheelers out on the ice had 8 inches all day got out over deeper water. was def a fishing day, wind was brutal this morning, chased the lakers again today had a little luck  ;) ;) ;D ;D

Offline plackos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Was wondering if legal length on lakers is still 23"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:13 PM »
fishslapped, Thanks!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:06 PM »
That will def work bart and a lot better than all the plastics alot use like white tubes a personally eat a few lakers but when cleaning a find the plastics throw the fish away , they will taste like diesel fuel dont know how long it takes to get rid the plastics but my personal opinion they should outlaw them. Small ones maybe ok but something three or four inches stay in the fish for awhile , lakers always grab stuff off the bottom have caught many with dead bait on bottom . The spoons you can catch and release even better i know alot of guys go to this lake just catching and releasing all day i wish some tried to eat a few fish with a gut full of plastics they might not use so many !!!

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2015, 06:29 AM »
Headed up this weekend, any advice for jigging lakers, medium rod with 6lb test? Bucktails spoons jigging raps? Never Jigged for lakers before

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 27, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Headed up this weekend, any advice for jigging lakers, medium rod with 6lb test? Bucktails spoons jigging raps? Never Jigged for lakers before
you would be better off with 10-15lb fireline and about 6 ft of 8-10lb florocarbon leader and white or silver swedish pimples

Offline kayak2fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:20 PM »
Snow report for Cooperstown/Otsego Lake.....not ice fishing today, working in Cooperstown. Very little snow from this storm. Just a couple inches. Should not have any impact on conditions on the lake. We dodged a bullet here.

Offline pmac3

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:35 PM »
you would be better off with 10-15lb fireline and about 6 ft of 8-10lb florocarbon leader and white or silver swedish pimples
Good advice right there. My spinning outfit has 15lb powerpro slick and about 5 ft 10lb Fluoro leader. Can't wait to get on 'em!
Pete

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.