The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Shanty Lights  (Read 522 times)

Offline Icemanvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shanty Lights
« on: Jan 27, 2015, 03:04 PM »
Anyone know where I could find the LED light strips Northern Bright Lights use to sell.  They have shutdown their website but really like their lights.  Got one set and are awesome but would like another. 
FLAG!!

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
Re: Shanty Lights
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Amazon has led lightstrips,make sure you get waterproof,12-volt with adhesive strip on back,I also used plastic wire ties every 18" to secure them to the shanty poles,it doesn't hurt to buy a package of connectors for them,it makes it easier than soldering to connect to battery.I use an ATV 12 v battery

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:15 AM »
EBay is where I get mine I have decked out both my portable shanties with LED strip lights. I usually get about 16 feet for around 10 box which is really cheap
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Icemanvt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2015, 07:11 AM »
Thanks! I'll have to check them both out!
FLAG!!

Offline jimbo3828

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Tool Maker
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2015, 07:43 PM »
I just got a set of Nubbee 16 foot strip LED from Amazon for 9.95.  I choose the clear white which is reel bright.  pun intended.  So far very impressed, very bright.  I tested the 16 foot strip on a vexilar battery over night and it was still just as bright when I set it up 8 hours later.  I actually cut the lights into 4 foot sections and soldered on DC plug male adapters. It was fairly simple with the adapters as they were pre-tinned and bonded very quickly.  For the those who wish to modify the strips have cut locations identified with scissors and positive and negative label for clarity.  I used a glue filled shrink wrap to maintain water resistance.  They have an adhesive backing which has stuck solid to my fish trap pro.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.