Author Topic: in a dilemma with a flasher  (Read 926 times)

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
in a dilemma with a flasher
« on: Jan 27, 2015, 01:43 PM »
I already have an ice 35 an setup my 597ci HD di for ice fishing. I'm wanting to purchase a camera I'm thinking about a marcum camera or the lx9 I can't decide any input would be great! Thanks an tight lines.

Offline swoab47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: in a dilemma with a flasher
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:19 PM »
I Just Got An Aqua-Vue micro this season and have used it more than my old AV ZT That I have had for years.  The micro fits in my pocket and the color screen makes bottom and vegetation easier to see.  I am sure the Marcum is a fine camera, bUT the micros are pretty sweet.  IMO.

Offline openwaterguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Question about your 597ci. Do you ever use that for a boat too? Looking at getting something that could be used for both.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Question about your 597ci. Do you ever use that for a boat too? Looking at getting something that could be used for both.
Yes it is actually for my boat in the summer an I thought why not set it up for ice fishing since its able to an ur able to go back to your spots that you marked in the summer time.

Offline Husker.Walleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2015, 07:51 PM »
I fished with the lx9 most of this season. Great unit, but I did have a few issues. The panner that came with it didn't work, marcum sent me a new one. The bag never really balanced that well and started to fall apart after a couple months. You will also need to update it like most modern soft water electronics. If you're willing to put in the time and figure it out  it can be a great tool, I went back the the vex fl28. If you already have a flasher you like I would just buy a separate camera system. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Offline bluefin75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:51 PM »
i have a wife an kids that enjoy to go once in awhile so i thought that maybe having another flasher with a camera would be great that way they can use my other flashers. its not just for me i want to make it more enjoyable for the wife an kids as well. buying a separate camera package has ran through my head but having another flasher with the camera capabilities would be great i think but i can also buy an lx6 because i am a hole hopper and a 485c Marcum camera an not have the price of a lx9 theres options just looking at what would be best thanks for any advice its much appreciated

Offline Husker.Walleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:38 PM »
The lx9 is not a great hole hopping unit, even when the camera is disconnected. The camera on the lx9 is top quality and the images are great, depending on water clarity. I used it at Webster and you could see 10ft or more with the camera. It takes a little bit to set up but the camera is fun to watch, the lx9 also has a record function. The lx9 also allows you to over lay the flasher over the video so you can watch both while you fish.  One thing I like and have not bit the bullet on is the marcum pan cam. It allows you to wirelessly project the video on a phone or iPad. There are all kinds of units out there, I would just encourage you to buy from a place with great customer service. If you have issues you can get them worked out, I have bought things online from no name stores thinking I was saving a little money, and at the end of the day it cost me. Many stores will be running sales on ice units and clearing inventory so now is the time to look. Reeds sporting goods always has free shipping on electronics and their prices are hard to beat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.