Author Topic: Ice Fishing in Iowa with a Drone/Underwater video.  (Read 1628 times)

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing in Iowa with a Drone/Underwater video.
« on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Went down to Rock Creek 1/24/2015 to see if we couldn't catch some crappies, and gills.  The bite was fairly slow for us, but we still had a great time.  Got maybe a half dozen to dozen crappies, and a couple gills.  Hope you guys enjoy the clip and any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I look to get better at editing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NLi2ZFREZI&list=UUjhu8TgdXERy2gS1Ha0CFlw

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ice Fishing in Iowa with a Drone/Underwater video.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Very nice video. I like to overhead from the drone.
<===Lefty===

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:24 AM »
Thanks

I'm looking forward to getting more footage as well as getting better at making videos. 

Offline DFresh75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Nice job!

I'd say the soundtrack is overpowering and needs to be lower volume, and the cuts could be cleaner but overall solid.

Small tweaks, like not capturing the sound of a mic underwater while bringing up a fish can help

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Nice job.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 01:30 PM »
Now all you need to do is get the drone to pull your stuff out for you!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:03 PM »
Music was very annoying, but was cool to see fishing from a new perspective. I actually had to mute the video. Would much rather have heard the sounds of ice fishing.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Thanks all for the comments and things I can change to make better.  I wasn't sure on the audio as I didn't have good talking audio due to the gopro back I was using.  Going forward I will do a mix of audio and talking to hopefully suit everyone.  I got some idea's brewing in regards to things that might entertain you all.  Hopefully be out in a few weeks again to make round 2.  Anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Offline mike 7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:53 PM »
Very nice well done

Offline toydevil48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2015, 06:56 PM »
I liked the music, pumped me up....nice job

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2015, 07:16 PM »
I honestly wish there was a way to satisfy everyone whether its music or no music.  I feel if I do 50/50 that if its 50 percent music from the beginning I will lose people by the mute button but if I start out with talking that might make things better.  Thanks again guys.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 27, 2015, 09:08 PM »
Studio quality videography! Cool gear and  the spacy techno was better than the over the top metal most guys use for audio track! Lol
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2015, 08:53 AM »
Studio quality videography! Cool gear and  the spacy techno was better than the over the top metal most guys use for audio track! Lol

Honestly kind of speechless to get a response like that.  THANKS and hopefully I can keep my videos up to that standard. 

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:53 AM »
Edit/cuts were great too keep at it.
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Working on some cool new effects that I didn't know existed.  Hopefully get some new video to create an even more exciting clip.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I honestly wish there was a way to satisfy everyone whether its music or no music.  I feel if I do 50/50 that if its 50 percent music from the beginning I will lose people by the mute button but if I start out with talking that might make things better.  Thanks again guys.

Some of the best fishing vids I've seen have had music, its all about where you place it. Solid music is just not appealing to me personally.. Different for everyone though. What I like best is of course no music, but also when people start out videos by talking to the mic and giving background of what is going on. Where you are, what you are fishing for, how you are fishing, etc. Then cut to music while walking, drilling, jigging, or in this case flying around. Then a cut back to talking when someone is fighting a fish and landing it. Then repeat.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Thats awesome. My family farm is on the east side of that lake. I know the exact spots you were fishing.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:15 AM »
Some of the best fishing vids I've seen have had music, its all about where you place it. Solid music is just not appealing to me personally.. Different for everyone though. What I like best is of course no music, but also when people start out videos by talking to the mic and giving background of what is going on. Where you are, what you are fishing for, how you are fishing, etc. Then cut to music while walking, drilling, jigging, or in this case flying around. Then a cut back to talking when someone is fighting a fish and landing it. Then repeat.

Unfortunately I didn't have the equipment out there to really capture audio but it will defiantly have some of what your talking about in the next one.  Thanks for watching and for the tips as to how to make it better.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Cool vid:)
What kind of airial camera are you using?

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #19 on: Jan 30, 2015, 01:38 PM »
great video.  I love the hater in the youtube comments cruizingon22s.  I wonder how much is 22" rims cost.  don't let the trolls get to you.  keep it up.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:05 AM »
great video.  I love the hater in the youtube comments cruizingon22s.  I wonder how much is 22" rims cost.  don't let the trolls get to you.  keep it up.

It really just trips my trigger when people say stuff like that.  Sometimes I honestly don't know how to respond but I figured he wouldn't respond at all.  I'll keep doing my thing and keep letting people that don't understand the situation or look at the bigger picture.

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:20 PM »
What is the tube that brings the chip up and kicks them outside the hole. Did it come with auger never saw that and sure would get one or make one.

Offline SchmitzGoPro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:52 PM »
What is the tube that brings the chip up and kicks them outside the hole. Did it come with auger never saw that and sure would get one or make one.

It didn't come with the auger but it makes a huge difference.  Here is a link of the shroud.  http://icehogger.com/products.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.