Author Topic: Lake Erie Info  (Read 2254 times)

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
Lake Erie Info
« on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:40 AM »
This was posted from Reel Sport Fishing Charters: Lake erie is a body of water that needs to be respected..... there are a few things that happened this weekend that needs to be brought up. If you are running out of camp perry watch out for orange spray paint on the ice ....... these areas are marked off in a few places in the first 1000 feet or less were the airboats have broken threw. There are areas that have not been marked that open water is showing. .....when you see a area marked with orange flags don't be the guy to loose his equipment or hurt someone because there to lazy to go around the marked off area..... there are on writing rules about lake erie airboat run in one areas and snow mobile and atv side by side run in a different area. Well today someone had to learn the hard way about crossing in the airboat area. This happened in front of us. We were about a mile out when this happened. The Crack will be snow cover over so stay outside the marked area. strong South winds mean the ice will open up and a north wind will close the cracks tight....about five miles out the ice is starting to buckle by this I mean the ice has found a weak area aND is shovel the ice on top of it self.... ok enough back round now les talk fishing was very slow today all over the lake. Jigging rep or pimples set as a dead stick work the best today. Fish were very fussy today and did not want to bite.

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Erie Info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Thank you for sharing this. Helps people understand what its all about a little bit. Not like last year where you could run anywhere ya wanted. Many more worries than ppl think. Last thing i ever want to hear is another guy gone or dropped his machine and gear through.
Got one goin'!

Offline catchinhogs82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Pretty good picture of the Kubota that went threw the ice, I think it's on rickards Facebook page. I heard it was a rental.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Thank you for taking the time to post this . I may be headed they way again this weekend .

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:05 PM »
You can also follow the reports on Reel Sport Fishing Charters page on Facebook..

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:13 PM »
Think this was the rental that they had to yank out

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2015, 03:31 PM »
You can also follow the reports on Reel Sport Fishing Charters page on Facebook..

Have you used them? I want to use there taxi service and I see they started running this week.  I'm thinking about heading over there this Saturday? Anybody else that is going and you want someone to share fuel costs with, let me know! I would even drive.

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2015, 03:54 PM »
I never used them yet but seen the taxi service..If I wasn't tied up this weekend,I would of took your offer in a heartbeat..but hey we have time yet!!  Hopefully!! and Im wondering if that is 50 a person on the taxi?? I would imagine so....

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:09 PM »
Taxi is 50.00 per person

Offline kidd2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:13 PM »
I havent found that charter on the web yet, do they haul your shanty and equip. out with you?

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:41 PM »
Does anyone know what is going on with Reel Sport Fishing Charter?  I sent them a facebook message today trying to schedule for taxi services next Saturday.  They sent a message back stating they are canceling the remainder of the ice season due to conflicts in the Captain's schedule.  This really sucks...any other taxi service out there anyone can recommend? 

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Call rikards bait shop in port clinton. They can get you upto date info and numbers to airboats and such.
Got one goin'!

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2015, 08:50 PM »
Call rikards bait shop in port clinton. They can get you upto date info and numbers to airboats and such.

Thank you!

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:29 AM »

I called them, they didn't have any info :(

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Really?! Okay. Can check with john gribble at db charters, or john jr with sea breeze. Call magee east marina/bait shop in oak harbor or highway bait in port clinton. With all of them your bound to find someone. Can always hit the ohio board and offer some guys beer and bait, guys should hit you back on that deal.
Got one goin'!

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Really?! Okay. Can check with john gribble at db charters, or john jr with sea breeze. Call magee east marina/bait shop in oak harbor or highway bait in port clinton. With all of them your bound to find someone. Can always hit the ohio board and offer some guys beer and bait, guys should hit you back on that deal.

Maybe someone was working that didn't know much!  But the good news is that reel sport fishing charter said he is still going out next Saturday.  Something happened yesterday but he said he will bring his Facebook page back up in the next couple days and still run taxi and guide services.  I am excited for next Saturday!

Offline SexiVexi28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:36 PM »
I'll be going up to Erie next Friday and Saturday too! Looking forward to it. Does anyone have any reports of where the walleyes are being caught?
Last I heard they moved from 2-3 miles NW of Catabwa last week to around 4-5 miles out.
Lets Go Fishing! ><((((º>

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:13 PM »
As each week goes by... More and more walleye are coming through the passages and into the western basin on the westward migration to stage for the spawning grounds. Its not that the fish moved, which they have, but theres more to come in, along with any fish that dont migrate. Work the area. If not on fish.. makes moves anywhere from 1/4 mile to 1 mile. Just keep moving, you will land on them. Last couple days bite has been tough, but thats fishing, ya know. Good luck!!
Got one goin'!

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Think this was the rental that they had to yank out

So I'm guessing they lost their deposit.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:20 PM »
 ;D

Offline Eye Caught One

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Have you used them? I want to use there taxi service and I see they started running this week.  I'm thinking about heading over there this Saturday? Anybody else that is going and you want someone to share fuel costs with, let me know! I would even drive.

You will absolutely be disappointed with Reel Sport for any service.  Unless he decides to try to impress you because he has lost all his business and is trying to make another stab at it you will regret going with him. He didn't cancel the rest of the season because of his work conflict. He has 6 sleds and multiple shanties and he has several guys working for him. After forgetting a few guys on the ice this year and refusing to move people after they are set up and not showing up to appointments and people complaining all over the internet he decided to disappear. A few weeks ago he called his customers who where waiting for him at the put in and cancelled going out on the ice with some because he said that there was a large crack that had opened up. His customers found out later that the crack did not in fact ever open up more than a few inches and most people never saw it because it was only open in a few spots. He just didnt feel like going out. Then the next day Mike posted pictures of him and some buddies catching a ton of bluegill and catfish in Sandusky bay on the previous day. He cancelled on customers and left them standing at the put in to go fishing with some friends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.