Author Topic: Chapman  (Read 735 times)

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chapman
« on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:22 AM »
I have a buddy who's father in law lives on chapman I know nothing about the lake and haven't heard anyone talking about it-didn't know if that was good or bad. Any info would be great thanks. FISH ON!

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: Chapman
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:46 AM »
That area has lots of lakes that get headlines over others.  Big and Little Chapman being ones that don't get talked about much.  But if you got access, privately, then you are on to something.  Lots of trophy pike come out of there. 

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:04 AM »
I've never fished it but have heard theres some good redears in there. It is a clear water lake

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:51 PM »
Redears aren't like they used to be. There are still some good bluegill and giant crappies in the two. Pike fishing used to be great but from what I understand, the beards put a number on it a few years ago and it is not as good as a result. I've caught a few dandy pike from there but they just aren't as prevalent as before! On the main lake, if you fish the shallow flat south of the big point, you can expect some nice gills and some redear as well as some disappointing perch.  Crappies used to get taken ice fishing along the weed edges just outside of the boat ramp channel.

Hope it helps!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 02:50 PM »
Pike fishing used to be great but from what I understand, the beards put a number on it a few years ago and it is not as good as a result. I've caught a few dandy pike from there but they just aren't as prevalent as before!

Uh oh....Fish fear the beard!!  Here they come.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Channels over by Nelly's bay are good, you just have to find parking.

Offline Big Buck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:36 PM »
Thanks for the info fellas I may have to try this place out thanks again! FISH ON!

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:39 PM »
A buddy of mine lives on the lake. Ive only ice fished the channels though. Plenty of bluegill. Never caught a crappie that I can recall at the moment anyway but Ive never tried for them on this lake either. He has caught them he says. Also plenty of green carp!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.