The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Oakland County lakes  (Read 594 times)

Offline zmantc54

• Team IceShanty Regular
Oakland County lakes
« on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Hey Guys, I usually fish lakes near union lake...but plan on trying some a bit further east (mace day).  However,  buddy of mine moved to Oxford, and I noticed there are about a bajillion lakes over there.  Are there any worth trying out???
Flag up!

Offline aaron_sh

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Oakland County lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I fished Prince Lake in Bald Mountain Rec. about a week and a half ago with no luck other than about 40 perch the size of my thumb. Shallow weedy lake, no more than about 15 feet or so. Others were not catching any as well. Other than Prince there is East and West Graham lake, Shoe Lake, Hart Lake, and Tamarack Lake. Have not tried any of these, most are relatively small aside from the Grahams. Chamberlain Lakes is connected to the far west end of the north unit, and I'd like to try that. Lots of little bays, springs, a little deeper... have heard it holds big gills... but then again, I've heard the same story about every other lake in OC with nothing to show!

Offline mfick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Live to Fly Fish
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:29 AM »
We fished maceday yesterday with little luck.  Had a good spread of tipups over a drop off from 6 to 50 ft, jigging even deeper.  Only one missed fish on a tipup.  Ice was 8-11" where we went, never ventured over the deep water but there were quite a few people and machined out.  Best of luck

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Pontiac lake in Pontiac lake rec area has some nice pike in it. could also try union , maceday, for lakers from what i hear but any thing that deep is not going to be easy to fish... there is orchards lake ox  bow lake if you got permission form some one you know etc..etc. to fish them get the sportmens connection map books and check out were the access pointy are  on all lakes in oakland county in them books...

Offline zmantc54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Fish Kabob, I fish those already...I was talking specifically about the million lakes that are surrounding Oxford.

I know a guy due to work that lives across from a small lake in Oxford that is private, he said he has caught monster blue gill and crappie, and one fairly large walleye, even had a few mounted.  However, due to the type of work and the reason why I know him....I can't ask him if I can fish it  :callcops:
Flag up!

Offline mszczep1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hard Water Fanatic!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Caught a 28" pike on Middle Straits Lake last evening while jigging for pannies.  24 FOW

Offline zmantc54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Caught a 28" pike on Middle Straits Lake last evening while jigging for pannies.  24 FOW

haha, what pound test? I bet that was a wild ride...
Flag up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.