The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Frank's NOT-So Great Outdoors  (Read 5256 times)

Offline WestSideAl8x8

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pants up, don't loot!
Frank's NOT-So Great Outdoors
« on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Went to Frank's early Friday morning. Bought a couple of things as well as bait for the day. The cashier says that will be $25.16 so I gave her $25.25. She closed the drawer and I had to ask her for my change back. The snooty little @%#&@ said "really, you really want your 9 cents back? At which point I asked for a manager. Needless to say the "manager" couldn't of cared less and did nothing! I will NEVER shop there again!

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Frank's NOT-So Great Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:49 PM »
Glad to know. I wont support them any longer.

Offline Dean84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:01 PM »
That's surprising for Franks. They usually have pretty good customer service. I rarely shop there just because everything is so much cheaper just a bit farther up the road at Northwoods... and I am a bit of an Amazon addict.

Offline zmantc54

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:08 PM »
Glad to know. I wont support them any longer.

Really guys, because of one disgruntled employee were going to put a fairly well known Michigan store on blast?  I would way rather shop at franks then cabelas, unfortunetly I live down by Northville...so I am limited in my options.

I am not attacking you, believe me...I am a psychopath when it comes to customer service.
Flag up!

Offline eyeshaveit49

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:16 PM »
When the employee acts that way and the manager doesn't care, Franks has a major problem.  Customer service is what it is all about.

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:33 PM »
Franks is a first class store.  I'm calling the owner right now to set this straight.  Argo dude. Do you mind sending me a pic of your receipt by PM

I need the top part with the cashier number as well.  What time where you there on Friday?   

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:49 PM »
UPDATE:

I just spoke with the owner,

They are very interested in the info I requested. If you can send me a copy of your receipt that would be great.

Like I said this is a FIRST CLASS sporting good store.

edit:
Argo Dude, I sent you a PM as well. 

Offline Dean84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Might take him a day to respond.. glad to see people being proactive with this issue.  Props to you Capt

Offline SteveH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:12 PM »
Dude, you may have caught a clerk on the bad time of the month or just pissed off a crappy employee.  Franks is a great store period (no pun intended), take your issue up with management instead of starting an online rant over nothing. Having property in NE MI this is the only store I can count on to have what I need and they always do. Supply Capt J with the receipt and see what he can do before trying to bash the #1 store on the bay.

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:14 PM »
I've never been to their store, but their online has great service and selection!

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:21 PM »
UPDATE:

I just spoke with the owner,

They are very interested in the info I requested. If you can send me a copy of your receipt that would be great.

Like I said this is a FIRST CLASS sporting good store.

I am sure he is very interested in getting to the bottom of this. They are an awesome shop!

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Argo Dude, I'm traveling tomorrow so I'm going to PM you an Email addy. If you can sent me some info as to the time of day or your receipt that would be great.

Thank so much.

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:26 PM »
I agree that this place is first class, I bought my X67c there, and have enjoyed it immensely

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:53 PM »
Went to Frank's early Friday morning. Bought a couple of things as well as bait for the day. The cashier says that will be $25.16 so I gave her $25.25. She closed the drawer and I had to ask her for my change back. The snooty little @%#&@ said "really, you really want your 9 cents back? At which point I asked for a manager. Needless to say the "manager" couldn't of cared less and did nothing! I will NEVER shop there again!
Well, Lake St. Clair pist you off.  On another thread you stated  'NEVER' going back because you didn't catch enough fish..Now, you're pist at 'Frank's' over 9 cents..Maybe you should try another sport that doesn't upset you so much..JMO

Offline kstotts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:05 PM »
Well, Lake St. Clair pist you off.  On another thread you stated  'NEVER' going back because you didn't catch enough fish..Now, you're pist at 'Frank's' over 9 cents..Maybe you should try another sport that doesn't upset you so much..JMO
;D ;D ;D
I think I smell em!
Damn, my hobbies are getting expensive

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:17 PM »
I've always had great service at Frank's when in the store but the younger cash register girls always seem to have something better to do.  Best service experience in the store but consistently a pretty poor service experience at the register.  May just be kids today.  *shrug*

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2015, 08:26 PM »
Im starting to see a pattern here. The grass aint no greener on the other side of the tracks. I think being humbled by fishing builds character and you can't buy your way into being a good fisherman. If you strike out don't put the blame on the bait shop or the lake, there will be good days of fishing and there will be bad ones, thats fishing.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Please reread the original post, he did notify management...the Manager came over and did nothing....Shouldn't have to call anyone other than the Manager for this issue, if you do....there is an issue with the store. Im glad the owner is concerned, but its 2 employees now that are issues.

Dude, you may have caught a clerk on the bad time of the month or just pissed off a crappy employee.  Franks is a great store period (no pun intended), take your issue up with management instead of starting an online rant over nothing. Having property in NE MI this is the only store I can count on to have what I need and they always do. Supply Capt J with the receipt and see what he can do before trying to bash the #1 store on the bay.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:33 AM »
Franks is a great store.I've bought a ton of stuff from there and have never had a single issue and have always been treated right.Thats why I keep making the drive and going back....If this really happened about the .09 then give Capt J the info he ask for and get to the bottom of it...

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2015, 05:42 AM »
Franks banks on awesome service with a smile! That place rocks, and I cannot imagine bad service from thatcteam! A mis understanding, sure. I will continue to patronize this small business whenever possible. Capt. would be interested if you ever get the requested info, and if so, the results, keep us posted.

Offline duffy7382

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2015, 06:38 AM »
Always great service at Franks. I'm sure that they will take care of you.
Frabill/Plano ProStaff
NilsMaster USA ProStaff
Zippo Field Staff
BD Fishing
NAIFC Team 829

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:11 AM »
in the world of big box stores, Franks have managed to keep their own. I would be curious as to how oled this Cinderella was 17? 18 . It really is the ignorance of youth, but I would hardly hold Franks hostage over it.

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:23 AM »

Im starting to see a pattern here. The grass aint no greener on the other side of the tracks. I think being humbled by fishing builds character and you can't buy your way into being a good fisherman. If you strike out don't put the blame on the bait shop or the lake, there will be good days of fishing and there will be bad ones, thats fishing.

These two posts pretty much sum the story up

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:33 AM »
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Anyone who tries to blame someone for getting pissed off because they have to ask a store for their damn change is an idiot.

Offline n4cer26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:56 AM »
I have to agree with you here!   It's not the 9 cents.....its the principal!   I don't care what the cashier may have had going on...... No excuse!   

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:14 AM »
 Several years ago I went there to buy a shanty. I printed a copy of the one I wanted and took it with me. The guy that waited on me wrote the numbers down and went to look for one. 15 or 20 mins later he hadn't came back so I went and asked someone if they could find him. There answer was I am sorry he has left for the day. Instant pissed. I left and went to Jays and bought one but I didnot really blame the store for his actions. I have been back a couple times since and it is a very nice store

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:49 AM »
Really guys, because of one disgruntled employee were going to put a fairly well known Michigan store on blast?  I would way rather shop at franks then cabelas, unfortunetly I live down by Northville...so I am limited in my options.

I am not attacking you, believe me...I am a psychopath when it comes to customer service.
Read the entire post!!! He said he went to the manager as well!! I believe that makes two???  If the manager also has this kind of attitude why on earth would you even consider going back?? I'm not from that area but have heard about this store many times before. No way I'd visit it or refer someone to visit it!

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2015, 12:54 PM »
wow 9 cents, Ive heard of tight, but geeze. Good thing it wasn't a dime.
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:14 PM »
When stuff like this happens to me (i.e. restaraunt/bar) I usually toss a dollar must need it more than me.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.