Author Topic: Merritt Report  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Merritt Report
« on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:45 AM »
I've had some reports of some nice perch and crappies being taken on Boardman Creek near the Beeds Landing ramp. Although I would characterize the overall bite as slow, especially during the mid-day period, there seems to be a gradual improvement in the bite. This would have been a good weekend to fish Merritt with most local pressure concentrated on Big Alkali for the Cork Thornton Tournament.
 There are presently about 15" of ice across from the ramp at Beeds. The top 4" are gray slush ice from snow melt with clear ice below. I have no recent ice reports from the Snake Arm but would advise caution, especially where ATV traffic is involved.

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Merritt Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:09 AM »
Mr. Merritt.......  How many days does getting on the ice at Beeds look like a possibility?

Offline Mr Merritt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:14 AM »
So far the area around Beeds is holding up well.  The long range forecast has 3 very warm days before somewhat cooler weather moves in.  if forced to guess I would say Boardmans shaded sheltered areas should hold through the weekend or more.  Edges could be suspect.  I haven't had any reports on the Snake.

Offline hardh2ofish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2015, 09:54 AM »
More like weeks left.  Beeds and Boardman hold ice very well even through these short warm spells.  Edges can get soft but like john says but we're not down to counting days yet.

Fishing should be the exercise of your skills- and its rewards the places it brings you to
                                                                           Negley Farson
Going Fishing

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 12:09 PM »
Good cause I know where I'm going tomorrow😃
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2015, 12:13 PM »
Hope there's some minnows up there somewhere.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline bdidley413

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 10:57 AM »
Thanks for the update John.  I bringing the wife and all four kids up on Saturday and really hoping to catch something.  Even if we don't I know we will have a good time.  We are staying the night in Mullen with some family so my boys can then wrestle on Sunday.  Bucket but to bleacher but.  It will be a great weekend.
Stay frosty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.