The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ATV's through the ice at pathfinder  (Read 1508 times)

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ATV's through the ice at pathfinder
« on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Seen on  Casper firefighter's fb page they had 2 atvs go through the ice today. 

Be careful out there.
Don

Offline Goodnight

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ATV's through the ice at pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2015, 10:34 PM »
This warm weather isn't helping.  Lots of rotten ice out there!
To those who are about to fish, I salute you!

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:13 PM »
It's like a nightmare. Every time you turn around more bad news. Today saw a number of pick ups on keyhole one towing a camper in the area that last froze up.
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Mac daddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Supposed to be high 40's with strong winds to in Rock Springs.  For me its getting close to chaulking it up as a very rough ice season. My brother getting boat ready as we speak. Be careful make good choices.

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2015, 10:21 AM »
It's like a nightmare. Every time you turn around more bad news. Today saw a number of pick ups on keyhole one towing a camper in the area that last froze up.

I don't know if its just my imagination but it seems like there are more people pushing the limits this year.  I don't know if there are more people in the area that might be used to driving pickups on the ice, but it makes my skin crawl thinking about it with the current ice conditions and strange freeze up this year.  I still haven't got the atv out this year, and might not with the way things are going.  There is plenty of good fishing that I can find within decent walking distance.  Its just not worth it to me.

Offline rodgod28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I myself usely bring my atv but with the warm and then cold weather i decided not bring it was not sure of the ice conditions. There also was a razor went in at bishops.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2015, 11:14 AM »
OK, Just to clear things up, On reported incidents only there was 3 side by sides (RZR's) and 2- 4 wheelers that went through the ice, actually 2-rzrs and 1-4 wheeler  went right into open water out towards wolfpoint across from the marina, It had opened up Saturday afternoon for some strange reason and 1-rzr and a 4 wheeler in Bishops. we also heard that someone was drilling his holes in 12" of ice and walked a few feet to drill another hole and fell through with his auger, lost the auger . NOBODY was seriously hurt thank God but that is all the was reported to us from the Sheriff's dept. The Derby was a huge success and we had lots of fish turned in to weigh, ALL IN ALL it was a lot of fun for all
Randy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.