The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: SW WI  (Read 1319 times)

Offline wittyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
SW WI
« on: Jan 22, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Pretty new to the area and I was looking around for some decent lakes around the Dubuque area.  Besides the river, there arent too many options for me, that i know of anyway.  It looks like Black Hawk and Twin Valley are decent options.  I havent seen any reports on Yellowstone.  Does anyone have any reports.  Thanks!
FTWGA

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SW WI
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:30 AM »
Lake Link is generally much more active for fishing reports than here when it comes to WI lakes. A couple of those lakes are on my ice list as well but haven't made it over there yet.

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2015, 06:57 PM »
Blackhawk, Yellowstone, twin valley, cox hollow, avoca, Halverson lake, only options around, unless you try ludden lake, never heard of anyone ice fishing that lots of carp but ya never know.

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 PM »
Went to school in Platteville, we always fished the Mississippi backwaters from Platteville.  Pretty much the only ice you'll find.  We did our best on Bertom Lake.  We did decent on Sunfish lake by the pool in DBQ and did alright out by Potosi point when it was cold.  Bertom had some thick back crappies, I miss it out there.  Be careful moving around the marsh to get in there it's a bit risky, makes you learn how to read ice real fast! Spud bar is a must in the marshes.  PM me if you try it out and need specific spots, I still have a bunch on my GPS, I think they will probably still produce fish.  In DBQ did alright on mud lake.

I know these are all river spots but unfortunately that's about all there is out that way, that's why it's the driftless all coulee streams no lakes really.

You can go up the river and do better, Ferryville area is productive with the right ice.

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2015, 01:18 PM »
Your best bet is get a airboat and get away from the areas everyone fished. Bertam lake I grew up by there it has so much fishing pressure it's ridiculous. Or if your willing to walk a few miles there's areas around that will produce because no one gets there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.