Author Topic: Aqua view camera 5  (Read 1198 times)

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
Aqua view camera 5
« on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Thinking on getting a camera but must be user friendly.Must be able to look at in day light  and be very portable. May even use in the summer. Thinking of the Aqua view 5 .Does any one know anything about them. I already have a sonar that I can not fish without. just want to see down there sometimes.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Aqua view camera 5
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2015, 01:07 PM »
I got the aqua view 360. Love it. Gives u the option of all for cameras to be on or pick each dividual came u want to use. Aswell has a lot of light you can put on and a dimmer so it's not so bright
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline daustman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2015, 01:37 PM »
What are you guys getting for battery life on a single charge for these?  My dad has one and it rarely lasts over 3 hours, which doesn't seem right to me.  It is fully charged as well, or so it says.

Offline pawlukja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2015, 02:05 PM »
I know you weren't asking this but....I just bought the Marcum PanCam camera and it is super easy to use. It sends a Wi-Fi signal to your phone , tablet, ipad, or even laptop so they turn into the viewing screen. You can pan 360 degrees just by touching whatever device you are using. I would recommend checking them out. We used the camera for at least 5 hours the one day and it still had just over 50% life on the battery.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2015, 02:15 PM »
I just got the AV Micro 5 w/DVR ...they state the battery life is 6-7 hrs.Had it out last week shot some video ..5 hours or so of use when I was in the process of recharging it noticed it was down to one bar . They have a Pro Vu case as a rebate http://www.aquavu.com/MICRO-FORM-01-WEB-EXTENDED.pdf

but you can also do it on line just need a copy of your receipt .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2015, 05:26 PM »
I just got the AV Micro 5 w/DVR ...they state the battery life is 6-7 hrs.Had it out last week shot some video ..5 hours or so of use when I was in the process of recharging it noticed it was down to one bar . They have a Pro Vu case as a rebate http://www.aquavu.com/MICRO-FORM-01-WEB-EXTENDED.pdf

but you can also do it on line just need a copy of your receipt .

How easy was it to use and how good of a picture. Like the small one for portability.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2015, 05:55 PM »
Very portable ...screen size is nice  on the 5...its light . Picture is good . I just got it so still working on best way to use it ...with the color camera you can see the greener weeds ..distance as with all cameras is based on clarity and lighting ..also adding a spring clip sounder weight to bottom of camera helps with moving it to position it . Aqua Vu sites have reconditioned models at reduced pricing .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2015, 07:57 PM »
Thanks for the info. Do you think this can be used in open water sitting or slow trolling??

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:03 PM »
Don't see why not

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2015, 09:07 PM »
picked one up today. Opened it up in the dark. As soon as you open the camera it turns on and had a pretty good picture for being dark. Fiddled with it a bit when I got home.. Impressed so far how easy it is to use. Take a picture or video. Can not wait to try it out and see some fish tomorrow.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2015, 06:29 AM »
You have to set it up for either pictures or video ...then its a push of a button ...I set mine up yesterday to watch my jig . ..what seemed to work was a hole about 18" to 24" away from my jigging hole . that gave me a 3 foot window/view of my jig while jigging up/down in a 3 foot section ... had a lot of camera spin ...causing the camera to move slightly losing my view of my jig ...still working on a mechanism to hold it in place.. to adjust the camera view... and make it stay put.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.