Author Topic: Twin Lakes  (Read 1837 times)

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Twin Lakes
« on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Tuesday we headed up to Twin Lakes to do some fishing. We fished from 60 foot too 20 foot of water . Popped about 50 holes throughout the day . We did not mark many fish and fishing was slow but we did get 2 good ones. Ice was about 10 too 12 inches thick . The gates to the ramp are closed atm so only Snowmobiles and ATV are allowed on the lake. CPW say they may open the gates to the ramp the second week in February for Cars and trucks. Snow was packed down made easy pulling. 1st fish was a nice long 34 inch plus fish at about 10 to 12 lbs (not Pictured) The fish Pictured was 38 inches plus closer to 20lbs . All Fish RELEASED and out of the water for less than 60 seconds. Used Radical Glow White Torpedoes 5" and PK Fluter Spoons 1 oz tipped with Sucker meat.[url=http://[URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/waterwhipper1/media/2015-01-20105558_zpsdbbd74f6.jpg.html]][URL=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/waterwhipper1/media/2015-01-20105558_zpsdbbd74f6.jpg.html]

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Twin Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Awesome fish. Nice C&R.

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:50 PM »
Nice capture and release! In the full on sun to boot. Wish'n I was fish'n for those hogs today. Going after the macks again this weekend
Selective harvest works!

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Wow, very nice fish and releases.  Some time I'll get enough confidence to try the PK flutter fish again.  I still haven't caught a fish on one.  I must be working them completely wrong...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:21 PM »
That is a beautiful fish! Great job .

Offline PhosphorescentPheasant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:15 PM »
Nice job, I'm still trying for my big laker...

Offline iceholez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2015, 11:12 PM »
Great Fish, and thanks for releasing that beauty!!!
Fish, Eat, Sleep, Fish, Eat, Sleep.

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Thank you but you do not need to thank me for releasing the fish it is my practice . Over the last 20 years I have released 99.5% of all the fish I have caught. I on occasion will keep a few just keeper Walleye and Crappie . Once in a blue moon when camping I may keep a small trout or two for the campfire when I am out camping .

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2015, 08:47 PM »
Beautiful fish! I went up today and only got dinkers.

Offline Kinosao

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2015, 12:55 PM »
Fished Twin Lakes yesterday, good ice 14" open gates, trucks driving accross.  No luck at all, worked hard moved 6 times drilled 20 holes, fished sunrise until 3:30, put in alot of work, tied on alot of different rigs, was not marking much anywhere.  Did learn alot about a beautiful lake.

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2015, 04:56 PM »
Bummer no luck for all day working at it. Been there. What areas and depths did you try?
Selective harvest works!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2015, 05:15 PM »
What a beautiful looking fish, Way to go!! Didn't know that trucks can go on the ice there. Only lake I've done that here was @ Lake John.

Offline Kinosao

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Fished alot of different depths between 20-50 fow, mainly worked the bottom 18" of the column, was on the east lake walked out toward the islands, where the inlets/outlets were, tried fishing off the tip of the underwater point, then worked my way back to the landing, stopped, popped, sonared as I worked back then fished in front of the landing.

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Dang! I've heard time and time again that the south side is where you want to be and that the underwater point (that you can see on google earth) is also a great spot.

I've only fished it once last year and got skunked. I fished 60-80fow just out and to the west of the boat ramp. I talked to some guys on my way out that day that landed some just out a bit and east of the ramp. I guess there's a more gradual flat there?
Selective harvest works!

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2015, 01:48 PM »
WE went up again on Tuesday 1 / 28 / 2015 . The gates were open and so we drove out on the ice . Started on Dexter point fishing about 25 FOW we marked fish from sun up till about 10:00am . The fish kept coming in every 10 too 15 minutes  enough to keeps us from moving . We even saw them on the Pan Cameras and knew they we lakers. one fish stayed around for over 10 min and we watched him on the camera and estimated this fish to be 38 too 40 inches long  but we could not get him to bite. As a mater of fact no mater what we did or tried we could not get the fish to bite. They would follow the jigs up 10 to 12 feet but still could not get one fish to bite. Once we stopped marking fish after 10:00 am we started to move deeper and still no marks. We drove over to the south side of the lake to check some spots but when we drilled our first holes we had only about 8 inches or so of ice and that made us leave the area due to the fact we had the jeep and not an ATV or Sled . All in all was a fun day even though we did not get a bite.

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #15 on: Jan 28, 2015, 05:24 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I was headed up there on Sunday but now you have me rethinking that plan.

Offline waterwhipper

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:56 AM »
Well I am heading back again this Monday or Tuesday .Persistence pays off . If we just try  and follow the hot bite all the time we come up a day late and a dollar short most of the time . The old saying you should have been here yesterday.

Offline sisabdulax

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 14, 2015, 01:43 PM »
Anyone fish here lately?
Lord, may I catch a fish so big, when telling of it afterwards I need not lie...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.