Author Topic: Quarry Lake Brown Trout  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Quarry Lake Brown Trout
« on: Jan 19, 2015, 08:58 AM »
Video Link:

Ice Fishing Canmore Alberta at the beautiful Quarry lake just outside of town in search of Grayling.  Had a great surprise though as my Jaw Jacker went off and the fish started peeling drag.  I thought I was tangled up with a monster grayling, but when that fish flashed under the hole something wasn't quite right with the color pattern.  This was a Brown Trout!  My first brown trout through the ice.  Outfished by the Jaw Jacker again.  Caught on a small olive scud.  Caught and released to enjoy another day.  What a great morning in the beautiful Canadian Rocky Mountains!
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline Eastbranch

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Quarry Lake Brown Trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2015, 04:05 PM »
Wowza, nice one! Not something you expect from Quarry for sure! I don't remember much of a creek there, must have been super high water in the spring? I know there are small brookies and a couple browns in the small pond behind Quarry....

Offline imgonnamissher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 05:17 PM »
Nice catch.
But browns were not stocked in Quarry. We had some Guest speakers at our club meeting last night from Environment and Sustainable Resource Development (Sam Livingstone, Raven and Cold lake Fish Hatcheries). They gave a very interesting talk on the stocking program, who decides what gets stoked where and when. I asked about Quarry Lake after the presentation and John Bilas (Facility supervisor at Sam Livingstone) was disappointed to hear that the brown was in there. Only logical conclusion is that someone had introduced it into Quarry lake. The lake is scheduled for stocking greyling this spring.
Thought I'd share this bit of info. :tipup: :icefish:
When Hell Freezes over........I'll Ice Fish there too!    <><   <*}}}><     <><   <>< <><

Offline oldcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Nice. He's gonna get huge eating grayling.

Offline Captainmorgan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I don't believe anything on this forum
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2015, 10:05 PM »
How was the fishing, besides the brown? Planning a trip there and want to do a little fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.