Author Topic: owldorado ice?  (Read 1119 times)

Offline catfish125

• IceShanty Rookie
owldorado ice?
« on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:18 AM »
Has anyone been to owldorado recently? Just wondering what the ice conditions would be like on there today.

Offline FISHNUT1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: owldorado ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:10 AM »
im surprised they even let anybody fish there, with the vandalism in the past.......

Offline Showdown56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice BABY!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Several members of "another Forum" helped clean up, do some repairs, and one member talked with his boss and they replaced the OWLDORADO sign with an OUTSTANDING metal sign.

Sometimes "giving back" is rewarded when "we" demonstrate that the slobs among us are an isolated few.
The OFFICIAL NEBRASKA ICE MAP 
ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH YOUR REPORTS!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EzoZhQjAcZAvY9qiApAy-g8xwQZAIb6q&ll=41.356402103308504%2C-102.02912595312499&z=7

Practicing Selective Harvest provides me a few of the abundant fish for a meal while providing YOU a rare fish to catch!

Offline FISHNUT1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:26 PM »
I READ ABOUT IT ON THERE AND THATS HOW I KNEW ABOUT IT, AND YOUR SPOT ON RIGHT! KARMA IS A VERY GOOD THING IF ITS GOOD KARMA AND MY HAT ALWAYS GOES OFF TOO THEM GUYS WHO HELPED OUT JUST TO DO A GOOD THING WHEN IT WASNT EVEN THEIRS... MAKES ME FEEL GOOD TO KNOW THERES STILL PEOPLE LIKE THAT OUT THERE, IF EVERYONE WAS LIKE THAT THE WORLD WOULD BE SUCH A BETTER PLACE.....

Offline whitetips

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Daryl Bauer
Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
Nebraska Game & Parks Commission
[email protected]
http://neblandvm.outdoornebraska.gov/category/barbs-and-backlashes/

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Was on Owldorado today.

Ice at 11 a.m. was 6 inches thick. Three inches of shards, three inches of shaved. I could mark small fish under the hanging just under the ice. They would follow a light jig down, but spook on the first movement. This was both on the 8 foot flats and over the deeper water.

In the deeper water, you could occasionally bring a fish in and off the bottom with a jigging spoon, but they would only rise up, then drift away. Jigs and waxies did no better.

I got off when I went to check a tip up and saw the hole was opening up, and the ice was down to 3 inches. I walked gingerly back to my equipment and picked up shop. That was only about 2:30.

The lows aren't getting below freezing any time between now and the end of the month. After what I experienced on Holmes and Hedgefield yesterday, and Owldorado today, I would be very leery about going out any more around Lincoln.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline flyline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:27 AM »
I stopped out yesterday and it had some open spots.  Thanks for the link Daryl. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.