The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any decent lakes near black River Falls?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline lazypaddler

• IceShanty Rookie
Any decent lakes near black River Falls?
« on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:14 PM »
My better half and I had rented a cabin to do some cross country skiing next weekend. However, a lack of decent snow means that we'll probably be fishing instead. I heard that some of the cranberry farmers will allow people to fish for a price. I'm not afraid to pay a few bucks for some decent action, but I don't know anything about the area. ???

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Any info would be awesome.

Thanks much.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Any decent lakes near black River Falls?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I don't ever fish up that way but there's Lake Arbutus, and Lake Wazee.  Wazee is crystal clear and about 300ft deep, and you can fish trout in the winter there.  I should probably check it out some time. 
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2015, 08:23 PM »
I have fished Potters Flowage a lot and have done very well on crappies and gills. There are some big pike there as well if you like to use tip ups. It is located on Potters Rd. about 13 mi north of Warrens...take Hwy O to Potters Rd. You can fish right off Potters Rd or turn down Larb Hill Rd. From Black River take HWY 54 east....not sure of road names from that point but it is on the map.

Not many fish it in the winter so probably won't be crowded. It is a flowage with a pretty decent current in the channel so be careful.

If you try it let me know how you do. Tight lines!!

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:56 PM »
Fished Lake Wazee today for about 4 hours. Was fishing 105 fow caught 4 in 45 fow and 3 at 17 fow. All trout, 3 browns and 4 rainbow between 13 and 16 inches. Kept 2 [the limit] released rest. About 18 inches of ice.
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:50 PM »
Fished Lake Wazee today for about 4 hours. Was fishing 105 fow caught 4 in 45 fow and 3 at 17 fow. All trout, 3 browns and 4 rainbow between 13 and 16 inches. Kept 2 [the limit] released rest. About 18 inches of ice.

Nice man.  I went up there on Friday for a couple hours to check it out.  Struck out, but did miss some fish.  Saw nothing over 60' of water, moved up into about 20' and started getting a bit of action. 
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline soaknwet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2015, 02:30 PM »
Stopped out there about noon today looking for a glove I lost yesterday. Didn't find it, but talked to two guys coming off the ice. Said they did pretty good in 40 fow with waxies. I was using minnows on a gold hook and the browns were just slamming it. Going to go out tomorrow again.
The river goes on forever and the fishing never ends.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.