Author Topic: how many members marcum units are at the repair shop right now.  (Read 16277 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
mine is Marcum lx3tc.im just curious?

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lx 9. >:(

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
+1

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Troller 2.0
<===Lefty===

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
Waiting for a return authorization for my lx5... 3rd motor fail

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
 >:(  well I used to be a supporter of Marcum but after sending an email  ( no Response) and today calling them only to get a Voice Mail I am very dissapointed. I just bought a BN Marcum LXi Hand held sonar from Sportsmans Guide. Used it yesterday for the 1st time. In a measured 40 ft of water the unit read 63 feet!!!!!!!!! I guess I will send it back to Sportsmans Guide as they have GREAT Customer Service!

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
>:(  well I used to be a supporter of Marcum but after sending an email  ( no Response) and today calling them only to get a Voice Mail I am very dissapointed. I just bought a BN Marcum LXi Hand held sonar from Sportsmans Guide. Used it yesterday for the 1st time. In a measured 40 ft of water the unit read 63 feet!!!!!!!!! I guess I will send it back to Sportsmans Guide as they have GREAT Customer Service!
  Well still NOTHING from Marcums Customer Service if you can call it that! Seems now that Rapala has bought them out their Service stinks. I called Sportsmans Guide and it will be back in the mail tommorow in exchange for a VEXILAR HAND HELD SONAR UNIT, GoodBye Marcum!!!!!!!!

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
You might be right on the money Pete.  I know Marlin had a number of issues when Remington took over, "Remlins" the rifles became known as.  It took a while but they seem to have gotten a grip on their issues.  Anyway,  I just ordered a Fin Bore auger that is under Rapala now, I hope it fairs a little better than Marcum seems to be.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I called and had a RA# right away. Always had great service from Chris and John.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
I called and had a RA# right away. Always had great service from Chris and John.
  Kind of hard to get anything when they don't answer their emails nor their phone!!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: how many members marcum units are at the repair shop right now.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:14 PM »
Make sure to check your spam fold for mail.
<===Lefty===

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2015, 08:38 PM »
  Kind of hard to get anything when they don't answer their emails nor their phone!!!
True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:00 PM »
I love my lx7 but it sure is sad to see all the down units. A guy shouldn't know the names of the customer service dept guys...
Fishin red lines

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2015, 10:26 PM »
I love my lx7 but it sure is sad to see all the down units. A guy shouldn't know the names of the customer service dept guys...

Be worse if the CS guys knew you by name!!   ;)2
My LX-5 is resting on the shelf waiting for the weekend to come. :D

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:51 AM »
The number in the shop means absolutely nothing unless you know how many are out there.  My LX-7 has been perfect going into 3rd season. 

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:57 AM »
The number in the shop means absolutely nothing unless you know how many are out there.  My LX-7 has been perfect going into 3rd season.
why post this on my thread?i have had to send 2 Marcum units there so far.i want to see how many  of iceshanty members are without their marcum fishfinders during the middle of ice season.if you have a Marcum product work for you good.but there is quite a few members on here that haven't been so lucky.

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:35 AM »
I'm on my fourth or fifth ice troller. I cant even keep track anymore. Speckler, your gonna have to deal with more than a few members spouting about how they don't have any problems -like it makes a difference. Your best bet is to ignore it and avoid letting the thread spiral downward.

hamms said it best in his reply. The best type of customer service is the kind you don't need to use. I also have a really hard time characterizing simply doing the right thing as "great".

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:54 AM »
I'm on my fourth or fifth ice troller. I cant even keep track anymore. Speckler, your gonna have to deal with more than a few members spouting about how they don't have any problems -like it makes a difference. Your best bet is to ignore it and avoid letting the thread spiral downward.

hamms said it best in his reply. The best type of customer service is the kind you don't need to use. I also have a really hard time characterizing simply doing the right thing as "great".
not good news.. I also have a troller 2.0.i agree the best customer service is the kind you dont need to use.ive sent in my Marcum vx1 pro last year and my new lx3tc this year for the same issue.theres definetly problems with the Marcum line up.

Offline Bumski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:07 PM »
if you have a Marcum product work for you good.but there is quite a few members on here that haven't been so lucky.

So far you have 7... in 2 days  :o

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Take mine off the list it's is on the way home. Replaced the Transducer and reprogrammed it. 2.0 Troller.
<===Lefty===

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:07 PM »
So far you have 7... in 2 days  :o
And if you go look around the forum you could put together a list of people asking questions and saying "guess Ill have to send it in" whos name isnt in this thread. You have to be blind or stupid to not realize Marcum has a real issue with quality of their units right now. Id sell mine in a second when I get it back if I hadnt already bough a high speed transducer for my boat for it.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:16 PM »
Hey Jeremy, at least you got to send it in to be fixed! 2  more e-mails and 2 more phone calls and still nothing back from them!! PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Wonder if any of their team players are smart enough to go on here and see what problems guys are having.last Marcrap I will buy!!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2015, 06:25 PM »
And if you go look around the forum you could put together a list of people asking questions and saying "guess Ill have to send it in" whos name isnt in this thread. You have to be blind or stupid to not realize Marcum has a real issue with quality of their units right now. Id sell mine in a second when I get it back if I hadnt already bough a high speed transducer for my boat for it.
my lx3tc will be for sale when it comes back for sure..or if I keep it and i have issues again it will go back in the box to rot.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:13 PM »
I called Marcum today and got right on the phone with Chris. Asked him about my 2.0 and he told me it was sent out on the 14th. They replace my Transducer and reprogrammed it.  When I needed help I emailed 2 different email addresses and got 2 different people willing to help me out. Are you calling during business hours? Which email are you sending you mail to?
<===Lefty===

Offline Bumski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:53 AM »

Sir....I am neither blind OR "stupid".....I am just making  a comment that the Marcum bashers seem to think that everybody who owns one has had trouble with it.....
Truth is there are many, many of us that have not had trouble one with our units...and the issues that do occur have been fixed by a good CS dept......

You have every right to own any unit you wish,you have every right to express you dissatisfaction with the unit you have....If you're that unhappy...sell it and move on.
But to call someone who disagrees with you,or has a unit that has given them no problems,and posts it, "blind or stupid" is not a fair assessment....it's an insult.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:30 AM »
by a vex next time 18 years and good  ;D

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jan 17, 2015, 06:56 AM »
Did I mention I have 2 Troller 2.0's? One has never had a problem and the other one has been fixed and on it's way home. And I never had any trouble contacting Marcum.
<===Lefty===

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Sir....I am neither blind OR "stupid".....I am just making  a comment that the Marcum bashers seem to think that everybody who owns one has had trouble with it.....
Truth is there are many, many of us that have not had trouble one with our units...and the issues that do occur have been fixed by a good CS dept......

You have every right to own any unit you wish,you have every right to express you dissatisfaction with the unit you have....If you're that unhappy...sell it and move on.
But to call someone who disagrees with you,or has a unit that has given them no problems,and posts it, "blind or stupid" is not a fair assessment....it's an insult.
So you can look at all these posts with guys having issues and still disagree with me that Marcum has an issue?

Offline Bumski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:42 AM »
One word....Yes....

Again....I and many others have had no issues...

The amount of complaints here are not that many in the larger scheme of how many units do not have any issues..This site is a small percentage of the fisherman out there.
Again...If you're unhappy,sell it,buy what you want and move on....

And I did not have to insult you to make my point. 

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Jan 17, 2015, 08:19 AM »
When you are satisfied you don't let people know. When your unhappy the best way to show it is to complain. So you see a lot of complaints and not so many happy campers.
<===Lefty===

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.