Author Topic: Bait shop in the Gananoque area?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline longsaultduck

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait shop in the Gananoque area?
« on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:39 PM »
Hey, I'm thinking of making my first trip to the Gananoque area to fish the St. Lawrence in the Landon's Bay area. I'd like to pick up some minnows in the area but I'm not familiar with any local bait shops. I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me the name of a shop in the Brockville to Gananoque stretch. Many thanks!

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
Re: Bait shop in the Gananoque area?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2015, 05:06 AM »
There isn't a bait shop after Morrisburg along Highway 2 none for sure in Prescott or Brockville & none that I'm aware of in Gan.
As per your Landon Bay adventure in my opinion I'd wait until later in the season if your after big perch. From your handle I take it your from Long Sault there's just way to many better options along the Lawrence to drive all the way to Landon's Bay...just my opinion

Offline longsaultduck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2015, 12:53 PM »
Thanks for the response, WT. That's exactly the info I needed. I'm originally from the Long Sault area and yes, I'm pretty familiar with the spots on that stretch of the river, up to around Iroquois. Currently I'm in Kemptville, and I happened to be talking with someone awhile back who recommended the Landon Bay area for perch and pike. But if it's a late-season bite then I'll wait till the end of Feb. or so to go adventuring. Looking for a little variety, that's all!

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2015, 03:57 AM »
There is perch there now & definitely some pike the bite though only gets better later on towards end of Feb early March in my opinion.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I agree, it's a good spot but my recent outing there didn't prove so fruitfull...later in year might be better
Tight lines

Offline spoggy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2015, 11:43 AM »
There's this place:

Mud Creek Bait Shop
30 Turnaround Road
Gananoque, ON
343-364-3474

Saw them last year when we went to Lake Gan for pike. Didn't stop, don't know anything about it other than they're supposed to carry live bait.

Steve

Offline icedup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Mud creek bait shop is just off highway 32 at Maple Grove road. Less than 5 minutes off the 401. Was there yesterday...lots of minnows shiners, muds, some big suckers for pike and leeches.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2015, 10:10 AM »
Thanks for posting this guys!  I have a long drive for bait, this is great to know!!
Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.