Author Topic: Bluetooth Deeper fish finder  (Read 2248 times)

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bluetooth Deeper fish finder
« on: Jan 13, 2015, 12:46 PM »
Has anyone ever used this? I was wondering how well these work for ice fishing. There isn't a lot of information on the web site like target separation or interference blocking.
https://buydeeper.com/fishing-type-ice-fishing
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline bearnoob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bluetooth Deeper fish finder
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:43 PM »
I have no personal experience with the actual product. However, saw and considered the deeper for open water fishing about a year ago. I had my brother-in-law looking at it too but the app would not work with his phone. The app used to be free to try on Android if you want to find it and try that out. I really liked some of the weather and fish logging features of the app that were accessible even without buying the actual product. Also, I think vexilar makes a similar product at the link below.

http://shop.vexilar.com/en/sonarphone-1
Hardwater fisherman since 2014. All opinions subject to change as experience increases.

Offline Deeper™ Smart sonar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2015, 07:12 AM »
idahohunter1, please find other anglers reviews on Deeper™ Smart sonar on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Deeper-Portable-Smartphone-Compatible-versatile/dp/B00GOJWQ08. Deeper™ is #1 Best Seller with 4,5 stars rate.

The device on 290kHz (15°) frequency separates underwater targets when the distance between them is 2,8 inches, on 90 kHz (55°) - 9,8 inches.
If you're using Deeper™ sonar and any other sonar at the same time, they might interfere and bock each others signal. This happens for all kind of sonars when they have quite similar frequency and scans the same location at the same time.   

We believe that Deeper™ Smart sonar has many advantages compared to other traditional sonars and flashers. First of all, the device is really versatile, while ice fishing, you can switch to the ice fishing mode and use it as a flasher, you can also use regular mode for angling or fix the device with the mount on your kayak, boat, float tube, etc. Deeper™ is a tennis ball size device, it's portable, there are no wires, no additional screens or batteries, so you can put it in your pocket and take it anywhere you go. At the same time it's really a professional device, we constantly upgrade the software and you can easily download the updates and always have the latest version of the device with all of the new functions and features.

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or find us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/BuyDeeper.

bearnoob, the app and all its features are still free. Also, Vexilar Sonarphone is not absolutely the same product, it doesn't have ice fishing mode, thus it's not adjusted for winter fishing while Deeper™ can be used as a flasher.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Mar 27, 2015, 12:43 PM »
idahohunter1, please find other anglers reviews on Deeper™ Smart sonar on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Deeper-Portable-Smartphone-Compatible-versatile/dp/B00GOJWQ08. Deeper™ is #1 Best Seller with 4,5 stars rate.

The device on 290kHz (15°) frequency separates underwater targets when the distance between them is 2,8 inches, on 90 kHz (55°) - 9,8 inches.
If you're using Deeper™ sonar and any other sonar at the same time, they might interfere and bock each others signal. This happens for all kind of sonars when they have quite similar frequency and scans the same location at the same time.   

We believe that Deeper™ Smart sonar has many advantages compared to other traditional sonars and flashers. First of all, the device is really versatile, while ice fishing, you can switch to the ice fishing mode and use it as a flasher, you can also use regular mode for angling or fix the device with the mount on your kayak, boat, float tube, etc. Deeper™ is a tennis ball size device, it's portable, there are no wires, no additional screens or batteries, so you can put it in your pocket and take it anywhere you go. At the same time it's really a professional device, we constantly upgrade the software and you can easily download the updates and always have the latest version of the device with all of the new functions and features.

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or find us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/BuyDeeper.

bearnoob, the app and all its features are still free. Also, Vexilar Sonarphone is not absolutely the same product, it doesn't have ice fishing mode, thus it's not adjusted for winter fishing while Deeper™ can be used as a flasher.

so how do you fish it after a few hours and the battery is dead? no interchangeable batteries. you have to quit fishing with it and get to a charging station and wait at least a half hour to start fishing again. not a good thing, after a long hard walk in a blizzard to do.

how is the interference rejection when it is near other sonars? i can't find any info on that big issue. how high does it go up to in IR?

why is the speed so slow to respond to real time movements? how are you going to fix that big problem?

why not make a charge cable and arm that holds it in the center of the hole? if it is offset like it will be from winds or catching fish, then it can not read the entire cone as part of it is obstructed by thick ice. that fat rubber add-on arm you sell could easily become both.

how many watts of power is it using?

how much are repairs, say a replacement battery going to cost after its all said and done? shipping to europe can't be cheap to get repairs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.