The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: fighting with stained water  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
fighting with stained water
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 09:23 AM »
 In Mi. have been on 3 lakes with the same coffee colored water, ( why is it so stained), 3-4 ft down I can see only the fins on my deks, . I dropped lima beans at 5 ft they disappear, I am in 6 ft of water. also, with my 3 tip ups, and 6 others that I knew of , no flags. I am considering going out today, but instead of my deke and pinning a live shiner, I was thinking, maybe on the other rod, I should put a flashy, big, maybe rattling, lure for an attractor. What do you guys do, when you get all set up. but visability is bad?

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: fighting with stained water
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:58 AM »
I would go to a different lake.  I hate sight fishing in cloudy water. 

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 11:18 AM »
[/qu

I have been to 3 in various locations, , and don't know why they are cloudy, so back to the question, when you are on cloudy water, set up ready to go, do you just tough it out, or is there a alternate plan  to attract fish?

Offline StabinCabin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2015, 06:19 PM »
These lake were probably windy prior to freeze up they haven't had time to settle yet.
[/qu

I have been to 3 in various locations, , and don't know why they are cloudy, so back to the question, when you are on cloudy water, set up ready to go, do you just tough it out, or is there a alternate plan  to attract fish?
Rippin lips one at a time.

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:05 PM »
went to lake #4, like fishing in gin !! no fish , but I could see!!

Offline deerhunterkyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:10 PM »
I have a few swamp i fish and it is"dingy water" here rattle spoons that are flat and silver work well. like a cast master with a rattle on it. the silver light goes farther than gold in dingy water and attracts more fish. It's also in my favor that these swamps have a heavy golden shiner population so silver makes sense to the fish.

Offline Pikeonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2015, 11:59 AM »
I have the same issue on my main lake but at least I can still see the bottom on a good day.
Usually by now it would have cleared up and I would be able to see a quarter on the bottom.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.