Author Topic: Fishing the red inside the city? Any luck?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Fishing the red inside the city? Any luck?
« on: Jan 11, 2015, 10:41 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has caught yet inside the city on the red, and for me I never really catch anything in the middle of the river but I find if I set up closer to the side I have better luck. I wonder why that is. I know the middle is 17 feet and a spot closer to the side is around 12 where I fish ( around the BDI a bridge area ) just kinda curious if anyone's had luck or what depths are good, I know not to many people fish inside the city limits. Any info would be amazing.

Thanks guys!
"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Offline Crimson Night

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing the red inside the city? Any luck?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:58 AM »
I heard that St. Norbert can have some. I'll probably bring out the tip ups for March and give it a try since I live so close.

Offline kenmore63

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:22 PM »
I was out a St Norbert this past Sunday.  Not a ton of action.  Caught a small Walleye, had a few light taps and at least one solid hit, but lost it at the hole.  It was enough to convince me that there were fish there.  I'll probably change up my rigging and try again in a week or two.  Ice was 30", and I fished in 10' of water on the east side of the Red. 

I've heard that the ice within city limits can be sketchy, due to water outlets and runoff etc.  Whatever you decide to do, be careful.

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Same as me, it takes me 5-10 min to walk down and get all set up, I just find That I catch more towards the shore than in the middle.
"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.