Author Topic: Lake of the Prairies  (Read 1983 times)

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
Lake of the Prairies
« on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:55 AM »
Just wondering how fishing has been at LOTP, any issues with driving on neat the main bridge area?  We will be out there next week fishing (the ice shanty flag will be flying on my truck). I usually fish ay Pyott's but since we are staying at the cabins near the highway we will be fishing near by.  Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Re: Lake of the Prairies
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 05:44 PM »
Hi all,
I was wondering if any one know if there is a depth map for LOTP?
If so, is it online? ???

WW

Offline magic13

• IceShanty Rookie
Semper Paratus

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Any updates for LOTP as to how thick the ice is, fishing, and if you can drive around easily?

Offline here fishyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2015, 01:40 PM »
Access can be made at the Provincial boat launch or at west end of spill way.. Plenty  of ice, some ridges
Fishing has been slow.

Offline The Beachcomber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2015, 04:47 PM »
Tried fishing at LOTP on Friday pm by the bridge, only 1 walleye and 1 jack.
On Saturday, the 6 of us headed to Andersons and we were the first ones there by 9:15 am.  We set up and within a minute there was one nice perch caught.  We thought it would be a good day. 

The wind picked up and caused some havoc, lots of fisherman showed up later.  Fishing was on and off, I caught one 21 inch and 22 inch walleye which was released.  Caught a few smaller eyes and one jack.  The rest of the lads caught some perch, eyes and jack.  The largest jack was 28 inches.  We thought the sunset bite would be good but only few small eyes were around and it was short lived.

The water was somewhat clear, 24 inches of ice and 21 fow.  There was enough snow on the ice that it causes a little trouble heading back as the trail was blown right in.

Good times staying at the Lost Meadows cabins, nice being close to the lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.