Author Topic: Wigglers  (Read 1390 times)

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
Wigglers
« on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:36 AM »
I use wigglers a lot through the ice and for the last couple of years have been trying to figure out a storage system for them while on the ice. I'm at the end of the road and am reaching out to see if anyone here has any ideas?

The foam container you buy them in just don't hold up throuhgout the day when moving hole to hole. Being as they need to be in water the container needs to be water tight, but also because they are just wigglers there is no reason for it to be 4.5 quarts or bigger. I bought a nice small container last year but it was vented so if it fell over, there gos your water.

Any thoughts?

Offline English

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wigglers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:32 PM »
Try one of those water jugs that come with lunch coolers.  Had a handy handle and the mouth is wide enough to get a hand in or use a bait net.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2015, 02:39 PM »
I used to use a baby food jar(glass) just put a little water in it and you don't need holes in top as enough air in there while fishing. Put in pocket standing up make sure don't freeze, after done fishing take lid off and put in fridge!

Offline Elrik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2015, 07:43 PM »
Frabill worm and leech lodge? Way smaller than a minnow bucket, but still designed to hold bait in water...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/FRABILL-WORM-LEECH-LODGE/1751059.uts

Offline tr7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Some good thoughts. Thanks guys.

Elrick that is what I am currently using, but the top that spins isn't tight enough to not allow water out. It sucks because that thing is the perfect size.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.