Author Topic: Baffin Boots  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Miller52

• Team IceShanty Regular
Baffin Boots
« on: Jan 06, 2015, 10:15 PM »
Hey guys just trying to ask some opinions and find out some experiences. i was looking at the Baffin Titan rubber boots that are good to -148 degrees fahrenheit. these sound amazing! even if they dont last but a year or 2 how can you go wrong with boots made to withstand unearthly temperatures? i mean where does it get that cold except for pluto? they seem to look comfortable. and they sound like your feet would never get cold. how are they?

Offline tipupjeff521

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Baffin Boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Buy them.
take me to the iceeeeeeeeee

Offline Miller52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2015, 08:36 PM »
i want to. just have to come up with the money.

Offline bonekeeper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2015, 08:39 PM »
They are worth every penny. I've had mine for several years and they still work. Mine have rubber bottoms and nylon tops. You think you're at home in your favorite chair wearing your slippers. Only difference you're catching fish. Good luck.

Offline Johnconn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Hello this is my first time here my future daughter in law got me a pair the are awesome

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:59 AM »
I purchased my titans about a month ago after hearing some rave reviews.  We've had some incredible cold in WI as of late and the boots are as advertised.  No Cold, No wet feet as my ice auger brings up all the water after punching through.  I guess the most important part is these boots don't break the bank either.  At around $90-100 I feel they are an incredible value.  Oh yea, I typically wear a size 9.5 dress shoe, but I wear an 11 in these baffins. 

Good Luck!
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2015, 08:13 AM »
I researched a lot of boot before buying these last year....loved them.  The rating is a joke, but these boots fill their duty.  My feet love them.  I have never read a bad review on them....never.  I'd recommend them...highly.  Good luck.
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Hello this is my first time here my future daughter in law got me a pair the are awesome

WS

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I got the baffin apex this season, so far so good. Only thing that concerns me about the titans is their diameter... have to be able to get bibs over the boot. Other than that, baffin makes great boots.
It must be something in the water.

Offline mvanhank222

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:19 AM »
I got the Trappers this year (supposed to be good till -74 but probably not really the case) because I did not think the Titans would fit comfortably under my bibs I tried on the Titans and the liner is not roomy it is snug to your foot it sounds like it will mold to your foot. I got the Trappers in size 12 I normally wear 11 it is a little large but I could get a pair of liner socks and 2 pairs of wool if necessary so far very comfortable till about 10 degrees with liners and one pair of wool. 

Offline Finatic607

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2015, 12:31 PM »
They are great boots and keep your feet dry and warm. I have them in a size 11. The only problem is they are bulky and your bibs may not fit over them. I had to go from a medium Artic Armor bibs to a large because the mediums would not fit over them. I also have Kahtoola Microspikes in a size XL and they are a struggle to get them on the boot. But I would not change these boots for anything and are like wearing pillows on your feet.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:34 AM »
They mold to your feet. Get your normal size. After a few outings they will fit perfectly.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Dennis53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2015, 02:20 PM »
had mine for 5 years real warm and dry little bulky but no big deal

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Baffins titans are a good boot, quality materials, design is a little goofy, small tight toe box and huge heal/calf area, they are difficult to get bibs over, that said I like mine, they cost me 85 dollars total, and unlike my 125 dollar actons they don't freeze rock hard in the cold
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:26 AM »
Some of the best money I have spend were on my Baffin Control Max's. NEVER had cold feet in them and cold feet are my weakness!

J-

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2015, 05:38 PM »
The baffin hunter model is a great boot for the price, sizing runs big I find. Lightweight and probably the most comfortable rubber boot I've had. I use them for deer season, occasionally for ice fishing if temps are warm or I'm fishing out of a vehicle. Like other rubber boots... they don't breathe. Must remove liner to air dry after each use.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Not too happy with the Baffin titans. Very wide at the top!!! I think they are too warm and my feet sweat wash too much!!! Tried every sock out there, last being smartwool. Never cotton!  After a half day my feet would be damp and cold from sweat. Between the rubber & booty would get SOAKED with sweat! They don't breath and you get cold toes. Tried muck arctic pro, 3 days of cold toes, they are going back and the hunt continues.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:28 PM »
and the hunt continues.
I hear great things about the Cabelas trans-alaskan III's. If the trans-alaskans were available when I was looking, I might have tried them. After wearing the baffin apex a few times I'm certain my feet will be warm long after I lose my nose or fingers to frostbite, no doubt about it. Leather uppers help them to breathe but would be a disadvantage if standing in 6+" of water/slush for hours. I would think they are not as waterproof as the titan. Apex is also a big shoe, but the diameter at the calf is a few inches smaller than titan. Baffin impact might be another option, same concept as the apex with nylon uppers that are probably lighter and breathe better.

Offline stout93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2015, 03:35 PM »
I got myself a pair of Mickeys then got a pair of Baffin Eigers ($160) before the season. Long story as to why I ordered both pair...but decided to keep both nonetheless.

I use the Mickeys when it's +20 or so degrees out and the Baffins when its below that.  My feet got cold in the Mickeys when it was real cold out. And I'm thinking my feet would get somewhat hot in the Baffins on warmer days, so that's the reason for both pair I guess..

The Baffins are worth every penny.  They're like walking on pillows, no more wearing two pair of socks and all of that, just one pair of merino or wool socks will do. And comfortable as all heck.  These are BIG boots.  No driving a car/truck with them on.  But my Bibs do go over them just fine.

Offline DAPOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:56 PM »
I got my baffins on sale at the end of season last year. I must agree with much of the positive stuff written above. One thing Ive always done, however, is to pull out the liner, stick it in a plastic bag and put it back in. Then, when I stick my foot in, I put another plastic bag over my foot, and into the liner.

Why do I do this? Well, I wear COTTON socks (yep, the better to mop up the sweat). I do everything I can to keep the liner bone dry. Once the insulation gets wet, all insulating properties are gone. Do you doubt me? Then take a cast iron skillet and get it good and hot on the stove. Then, take a potholder and grab the handle......not problem right? Then go wet the potholder, and grab the handle......I warned ya!!!!

Sure, my socks are soaked when I get home, but I swear my feet never feel wet all day, and, they are NEVER cold anymore. I know there will be doubters, and those that say wool socks only, but if your liner gets wet, your feet will get cold!

Oh, if my logic is faulty, then please answer me why climbers use vapor barriers in their sleeping bags when in super cold climbing situations?

Offline blackbird86

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2015, 05:51 PM »
Baffins are the warmest boots im aware of but youll want to have a different pair of footwear for temperatures above 20-30F

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.