The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: mag 2000  (Read 536 times)

Offline Ak4734

• IceShanty Rookie
mag 2000
« on: Jan 05, 2015, 09:39 PM »
I bought a new mag 2000 this year. It starts up fine and sounds good. It starts the holes great but is having trouble finishing through. Once the tip clears the ice, the thing doesn't want to spin any more. Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be great. Thank!

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: mag 2000
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2015, 02:58 PM »
By know means am I trying to insult you here but sometimes the simplest things are the problem, are you sure the choke isn't engaged?  Also my Eskimo has a vent on the gas cap that should be opened, if not it will have similiar issues.

Offline Ak4734

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2015, 04:29 PM »
Not insulted at all.  Your input is greatly appreciated! As you said, it is sometimes easy to overlook the small things. I am 100% sure the choke was not engaged but I am now second guessing the gas vent. I believe it was open but I'll double check this weekend. Keep the great suggestions coming! Thanks again

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:50 PM »
Sounds like a dull blade. The tip cuts first, so if the hole starts good then your tip is good. Since you said stops, I assume it just hangs up and the auger itself isn't bogging down. If so I think it is a dull blade, once the tip breaks through and the blade has to knock out that last 1/2" of ice it takes a lot of torque and if the blade isn't sharp it will hang up every time. If it has done it from the start, when it was brand new, then I think your blade angle might be off to where it bites off more than it can chew at the end of the hole.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.