New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: otisco lake bs thread  (Read 179873 times)

Offline shimanoman45

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: otisco lake bs thread
« Reply #540 on: Mar 31, 2015, 03:11 PM »
No they dont get any traction at all, every now and then you see a dead one on the ice there that exhausted itself. Ripper you should be good to go. Get on in the far corner of rocks, or somewhere there abouts. Those tunnels down by the dam and the water going over will make things a bit mushy on the rest of shorline. Been below freezing at night and a lot of ice out there still.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #541 on: Apr 01, 2015, 01:07 AM »
Lipripper how goes it..whats this i hear about you...u fished with cory i think one day..he told me you lost 3 jigs...i tought u how n where to get on crappies...he tought u how to make a good knot u clown..lol...i fished 3 days 3 limits dave got into them also didnt see u out there the last few days..we got some slabs to daves was biggest u were there for that 14 incher...go to same spot..still good ice u will get on ok just go where i told u....corys was almost as big as daves today..tight lipped today they would come up to 3 fow look at jig and say bye bye..but still hammered themdidnt even turn vex on the last few days..just look in hole..hopefully u can tie a know now...not sure if i can make it back out or not on ice but i will be there ice out for craps near gaurd rail..i had alot a fun this yr out there met alot a nice people..fishslsyer where u been hiding ...im sure ill see a few of u guys ice out...been busy cleaning my crappies n fishing the last 3 days..70 crapies in 3 days......

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #542 on: Apr 02, 2015, 12:18 AM »
Thanks big_guy for the info. Got out today with my son and found some fish. Had to cut the trip a bit short, but my boy got his first crappies through the ice.
There are still some fish there - can't believe you didn't get 'em all....

Anyone can be a fisherman in May...E.H.

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #543 on: Apr 02, 2015, 12:22 AM »
Still plenty of ice and the shoreline was locked up nicely. But we'll see after Thursday's 60 degree temps...

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #544 on: Apr 02, 2015, 12:25 AM »
Your welcome very nice to see a younger one happy and smiling ;D.nice pic

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #545 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:22 AM »
 :thumbsup: merk gread  picture  man  ....hope to see  you there open water as well

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #546 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:53 AM »
We'll be there. Gotta get my little buddy on some Otisco walleye this spring-and we'll hit that grass and branches for the pies too. I gotta thank Grubdropper too. He welcomed my boy and I as we kinda honed in on his area. It's nice to fish with/around guys who are that courteous.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #547 on: Apr 02, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I have ice fished  50 years  and of all that time I never met  nicer folks then those that fish otisco .....great guys 

Offline dh2028

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #548 on: Apr 02, 2015, 08:01 PM »
Well said Trapper
Wishing I was Fishing

Offline merkleyb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Guess where I am?
« Reply #549 on: Apr 03, 2015, 04:02 AM »
I have ice fished  50 years  and of all that time I never met  nicer folks then those that fish otisco .....great guys
Well......I am an awesome dude........just ask me  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #550 on: Apr 03, 2015, 06:01 AM »
and  like  me  your  so  modest  :roflmao:   we  got  to get a  bunch of  us  there open water  with boats and  kayaks  it'll be a  blast  I  can  fit  one  in the  jon boat with me

Offline dp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #551 on: Apr 03, 2015, 11:26 AM »
I agree.  Several years ago I helped a guy with his battery on his truck by jump starting it and he gave me a custom jig pole.  I did not want to take it but he insisted as he made it himself.  I tried to decline, but he just felt better if I would take it.

BTW, that little pole was awesome, caught hundreds of bluegills on that thing until I accidentally broke the tip off.....   

Offline icecold

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Strictly catch and eat
« Reply #552 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Be careful getting out at the dam area. I heard one guy shouting last night after he fell through about waist deep. This morning I was told about another guy got wet also.
Yesterday the fishing was good today the fishing took a 360. Not good and very slow
The real bad news is guys are throwing small gills all over the ice. Absolutely crazy. I really wish guys would speak up when they see this happen. Sad to see
tip up tip down but for sure tip a few

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #553 on: Apr 04, 2015, 07:19 AM »
I was there where those guys were throwing the gills all over the ice. Totally uncalled for. It was 3  guys who seem to have no respect for returning unwanted fish back where they caught them . They only wanted the crappie and seems that any gill they caught went on the ice. I threw a few that were still alive back in after they left and another guy and myself put the remaining ones in our buckets to take home.

Offline spoof

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #554 on: Apr 04, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Thanks Biggal for being a good sportsperson.  A waste of life is a waste of life.  I hate to see fish, or any wild game go to waste.  To many people keep to many fish just to show off.  When a hole is fished out , they are the first to complain. ;D

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #555 on: Apr 05, 2015, 06:22 PM »
No problem spoof. I all most didn't go that day. Glad I went.Someone told me that I should have called the DEC on them. I never gave that a thought but if I ever see them again doing that I'll certainally give them a call. Those guys shouldn't even call themselfs fishermen.  >:(

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #556 on: Apr 05, 2015, 10:55 PM »
You could of said it was me bigal to calll the dec..because if i was there u bet your ... i would of called..i dont play that game if you catch a fish and throw it on the ice you best be taking that fish end of story..ive called in the summer time .when u see 2 ppl with 3 five gallin bucket fulls of gills. Thats just wrong..you break the law in front of me i wont hesitate to make a call...i dont care what color pink yellow purple white..i will call dec..im very frusterated that they were from my area...and i know very few of them boys that ice fish. Wont be hard to find out who it was..i know nothing can be done now but i sure can give them a piece of my mind and i will...trap hope to see u up here with the yak ..ill be out..

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #557 on: Apr 06, 2015, 04:58 AM »
i'll be there  ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #558 on: Apr 07, 2015, 05:47 AM »
Shouldnt be long now...any time ice will be gone ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #559 on: Aug 13, 2015, 01:19 PM »
I havent bumped into yet out here trap..i get my crappie dinner once or twice a month still ;D

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #560 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Anyone out here

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #561 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Huh

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #562 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:32 AM »
The tread did come back hello ppls

Offline bspain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #563 on: Jan 04, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Hey guys i think were all getting the itch for the dam to freeze over ill be checking it out after work today. Probably no freeze but i don't mind the 15 min drive to take a peek. If we keep the 10 degree nights for a month strait i think well be fishing it.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #564 on: Jan 04, 2016, 01:11 PM »
Anyone out here
Getting the itch aren't we Big Guy?  :clap: :clap:   Me too. I'm right behind you when you get out there.  :roflmao:

Offline TigerHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #565 on: Jan 04, 2016, 06:46 PM »
Surface temp is 41° as of sunday. I was out there all weekend.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #566 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:45 PM »
Surface temp is 41° as of sunday. I was out there all weekend.

wow jan 3rd and a surface temp of 41!!!!!

Offline dh2028

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #567 on: Jan 05, 2016, 05:50 AM »
Hi All
Making ice but not fast enuf.
Might be a rough year for ice
Wishing I was Fishing

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #568 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:40 AM »
Thanks for the update tigerhunter you have any luck out there...was that sporty character with ya..its gonna b a tough one but otisco always gets ice mite b late but we should get some

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #569 on: Jan 05, 2016, 07:53 AM »
Getting the itch aren't we Big Guy?  :clap: :clap:   Me too. I'm right behind you when you get out there.  :roflmao:
.don't worry bigal I'll b invisable this yr out there that way u can't sit in my back pocket and scare the fish away

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.