Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2015  (Read 69796 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2015
« Reply #600 on: Aug 02, 2015, 02:55 AM »
You are making good progress Jiggin ,think the exterior wrap will look great when finished .
Steve

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #601 on: Aug 02, 2015, 09:07 AM »
Looking Great Jiggin! Thanks for the updates  :)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #602 on: Aug 02, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Got the roof on.

Got the ceiling insulated.

Time to start in on the walls.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #603 on: Aug 03, 2015, 05:24 AM »
# 11

Trying to cross the pressure ridge to check on the houses.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #604 on: Aug 04, 2015, 10:47 AM »
Working on fine tuning the wrap design...now has a door added.

Side view isn't right, my graphic designer wants me to put in another window (sometimes i wonder who's house is this), had to let him down gently and told him no, only 1 window on the side. He gets into his work...sometime a bit too much!! Too Funny!

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #605 on: Aug 04, 2015, 03:16 PM »
WOW! that is going to look amazing! You will be done in no time! Thanks for updating.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #606 on: Aug 04, 2015, 08:45 PM »
Jiggin is that the fiberglass material on the sides from the guy in Barnstead?  Did you fasten it with screws

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #607 on: Aug 05, 2015, 07:03 AM »
Jiggin is that the fiberglass material on the sides from the guy in Barnstead?  Did you fasten it with screws

Yes it is fiberglass material on the side. No, didn't get it from the guy in Barnstead but i believe it is similar to his. A friend on IS helped me out with it.  ;)

Believe it or not, it is fastened with 2 sided 3M automotive tape (i have some screws on it but need to remove them). After i wrap it, i will put corner molding on it and screw that to hold the edges but the tape is working incredible without it.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #608 on: Aug 05, 2015, 08:13 AM »
WOW! that is going to look amazing! You will be done in no time! Thanks for updating.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy! A ton of work still needs to be done. Outside will hopefully be completed this weekend and then continuing on into the inside. I have next week off so that should help.

Then start in on my sucker traps (they need repair), replace the dock at the pond, fix my sucker cage and holding box too.

So much to do, so little time.......just keep picking away at it all summer to get ready for Winter ice fishing.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #609 on: Aug 05, 2015, 08:23 AM »
# 12

CH keeps trying and succeeds!

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #610 on: Aug 05, 2015, 08:53 AM »
Thanks Jimmy! A ton of work still needs to be done. Outside will hopefully be completed this weekend and then continuing on into the inside. I have next week off so that should help.

Then start in on my sucker traps (they need repair), replace the dock at the pond, fix my sucker cage and holding box too.

So much to do, so little time.......just keep picking away at it all summer to get ready for Winter ice fishing.
Thanks,

Was it a lot less expensive than metal siding?  I am also wondering if it is paintable.  I would like to investigate using that material.  It looks wicked light.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #611 on: Aug 05, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Thanks,

Was it a lot less expensive than metal siding?  I am also wondering if it is paintable.  I would like to investigate using that material.  It looks wicked light.

A lot less expensive than metal siding....got it free. Not sure if it is paintable? I plan to wrap it and not paint it. It feels slick / shiny on one side however the back side is more matte finish so that side is more likely paintable. It is wicked light and cuts very easily with a jig saw (wear mask), You can score it with a utility knife and cut through it fairly easily. I think once you get a tear in it, it will continue to tear easily which might be a bad thing.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #612 on: Aug 05, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Jiggin, do you have info on the temp rating of the 3m tape? Some tapes don't like cold weather! Build looks great. Keep CH away from the walls - her speed landing technique might go right thru the fiberglass!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #613 on: Aug 05, 2015, 12:03 PM »
Jiggin, do you have info on the temp rating of the 3m tape? Some tapes don't like cold weather! Build looks great. Keep CH away from the walls - her speed landing technique might go right thru the fiberglass!

Good question. The tape that i used is the 6383 automotive acrylic tape. Spec sheet doesn't say anything about temp rating that i could find. See below link. The bad with this tape is, you only get one shot at it. It sticks like crazy. Even peels the fiberglass apart when trying to remove / reposition the panels.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/169616O/3mtm-automotive-acrylic-plus-attachment-tapes-06382-84-86.pdf

Good point too about CH....I should put up some diamond plate on her side so she doesn't punch a hole through the wall. She does this because she doesn't like getting punched when she misses them (a game we play). Not everyday you get to punch a woman, call her CH to her face and get away with it. I'm a lucky guy however she out fishes me most of the time.

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #614 on: Aug 05, 2015, 12:03 PM »
A lot less expensive than metal siding....got it free. Not sure if it is paintable? I plan to wrap it and not paint it. It feels slick / shiny on one side however the back side is more matte finish so that side is more likely paintable. It is wicked light and cuts very easily with a jig saw (wear mask), You can score it with a utility knife and cut through it fairly easily. I think once you get a tear in it, it will continue to tear easily which might be a bad thing.

Does that mean you could easily put your foot through it?  I like the idea of light.  Even the aluminum framed and sided house are heavy.  It is just getting the material.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #615 on: Aug 05, 2015, 12:06 PM »
Does that mean you could easily put your foot through it?  I like the idea of light.  Even the aluminum framed and sided house are heavy.  It is just getting the material.

No not easily but if there is a tear or rip in it, i think you could continue the tear or rip fairly easily.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #616 on: Aug 05, 2015, 03:32 PM »
Jiggin,

The new house looks great, thanks for the pics and progress updates as well as the NFC videos. Keep them coming.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #617 on: Aug 06, 2015, 08:19 AM »
Jiggin,

The new house is looking good and the wrap should look very cool, but what about the models???

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #618 on: Aug 06, 2015, 12:36 PM »
Jiggin,

The new house is looking good and the wrap should look very cool, but what about the models???

Decided it was time for me to grow up.............. KIDDING!!!  Lol. My wife can only hope.

Going with the stripper pole on the inside, bubble machine, disco ball and flashing lights. If you build it, they will come is my approach.

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #619 on: Aug 07, 2015, 09:46 AM »
Decided it was time for me to grow up.............. KIDDING!!!  Lol. My wife can only hope.

Going with the stripper pole on the inside, bubble machine, disco ball and flashing lights. If you build it, they will come is my approach.

;D ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #620 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Got the stove box wrapped...short day today due to Daughter's cook out.

Back at it again tomorrow....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #621 on: Aug 08, 2015, 07:10 PM »
# 13

Lush n Lynx's bounce outta Cummings Beach
Ch catching em
Tippin and Laker Taker atv ride

Enjoy in 1080HD....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #622 on: Aug 09, 2015, 03:16 AM »
The wrap looks good Jiggin from a distance I think it will fool people into believing it is wood siding.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #623 on: Aug 09, 2015, 07:02 AM »
That is cool wrap!!! A log cabin on the ice!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #624 on: Aug 09, 2015, 08:21 AM »
That looks incredible! Was it tough to apply? Air pockets wrinkles etc? How does it stick to fiberglass. You are doing a great job bud! That is going to be a sweet set-up.

Jimmy

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #625 on: Aug 09, 2015, 10:55 AM »
WOW!! Will you be wearing a coonskin cap now? Good thing this is on the move - the tax man would love a shot at this beauty!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #626 on: Aug 09, 2015, 05:25 PM »
pretty busy day.....got both sides and front wrapped today. This really is a 2 person job min.

CH helped me with her side.
Tippin stopped by and helped me with my side.
Called in the expert Jake from New School vinyl to do the front.
Laker Taker....well, he got in the way, kidding he helped me put in the door spring.

CH side.

My side...

Jake doing his thang....

Laker Taker doing his thang too...

Front done by the man....Big White (Jake).

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #627 on: Aug 09, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Amazing!!!!  It really needs a fieldstone chimney...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #628 on: Aug 09, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Amazing!!!!  It really needs a fieldstone chimney...

That's funny! I'm working on that....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #629 on: Aug 10, 2015, 01:58 AM »
Wow  :o the wrap came out great . Is the door also done in a wrap ? Looking foreward to seeing videos of your new shanty out on Newfound.
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.