Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2015  (Read 69798 times)

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2015
« Reply #510 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:07 PM »

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #511 on: Mar 26, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Impressive Footage Jiggin. That Drone is Awesome.  :clap: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing

Offline TheOutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #512 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:23 PM »
Drone video i took last Saturday.

Thought you might like to see it.

Best played in 1080HD when viewed (as recorded)

Enjoy!

Wow!  That's pretty awesome...now I want one of those things. 
"If firearms cause crimes and kill people, all of the ones I have must be defective."

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #513 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:30 PM »
Definetly good stuff right there Jiggin.... Keep up the great stuff you and the circus do...its great for the sport!  TR

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #514 on: Mar 26, 2015, 09:47 PM »
That is great stuff, thanks for all the effort Jiggin, it is awesome to check this post out, and the videos are just a bonus. Gotta get over there next season!

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #515 on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:27 PM »
Awesome!
Thanks for that!!

Offline salmon-egg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #516 on: Mar 27, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Cool drone videos. Almost can't wait till next year. Like NH piker said wish we would have gone their earlier I the season.
<br /><br /><br />

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #517 on: Mar 27, 2015, 08:40 PM »
3/27/2015

CH and I fished today. No one in the parking lot this morning, place to ourselves.

Went to the bob house, put down the camera and all the chum i put down last weekend was still there. Saw one laker swim by and leave. We decided to do the same.
Moved the house over to 52 fow near Lush's and Tippin's house. I lost 2 and CH lost 1. All on cut bait.

Later Iron Chef, Tippin and Laker Taker came out. Iron Chef worked on his runner, getting it ready for the move back to shore. Heard Frog on the radio with Stewbeef. Then Psycho, Scruffy and Houndog showed up to move their houses closer to the launch which they ended right next to mine.....great way to close out the season! This weekend will be Back to the Start.

Nice day, warm and no wind till evening. Ice conditions are rapidly deteriorating. The boat launch is pretty much gone or will be. We have to either walk around or drive atv's around. If you drive through the middle of the launch either by foot or atv, your gonna get wet. Planning to bring planks tomorrow (Pyscho) so that we can get across at the end of the day. Do what ya gotta do. Should be fun. Cheers!

The great wall of Psycho (Newfound) Circus, Will make for a nice wind block for social gathering.  Suppose to be windy tomorrow. :(

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #518 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:46 PM »
3/28/2015

Held our end of the season get together on Newfound today. What a blast, although the weather wasn't as great as we like it but was normal for Newfound. Windy / breezy but not too terribly cold.

CH caught 3 lakers today with the biggest being 20.5" and lost 2. All on tip ups with smelt. She was hoping to jig one up to end the season but didn't happen, i'll probably take her back out on Monday so she can jig one up one last time.

Tomorrow we pull houses off the lake and onto trailers and send everyone on their way. Looks like it will be an all day event with as many houses we have to pull off and load. The launch is going to get trashed, pretty bad now. Planks will be a must. Might fly the drone to get some good ariel shots if wind isn't too bad.

Great to see everyone had a good time with plenty of food (too much really). Thank you all for making this an awesome season for CH and I.

More later. Time for nite nite now, get ready for the long day tomorrow.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #519 on: Mar 28, 2015, 07:07 PM »
Thanks for a great season of entertainment ! Always look forward to the posts!

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #520 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:53 AM »
Jiggin, I concur w/JR , thanks for the entertaining posts and vids from Circusland ! :thumbsup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #521 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:02 PM »
3/29/2015

Got to the lake around 8:30 am and started yanking houses to the boat launch, lining them up for the pull off. Quite a crowd there helping out today and ended up taking off more than 20 houses off the lake and loaded onto trailers to send on their merry way home.
The launch area held up for us but was getting weaker by the minute. Great effort on everyone's part chipping in where needed to get the job done. Even though it was a lot of work, we still managed to have fun. Thank you to all that helped out today, it always makes it easier when we all band together just like at the start of the season getting our houses onto the lake, we do it again at the end of the season taking houses off the lake. All on, all off, no one left behind.

After all houses were  gone off the lake and  out of the Parking lot, a group of us came back to go for a ride around the lake so we could clean up any blocks, trash, etc etc...left behind by those.......
We hit the entire lake (north, south, east and west) picking up anything we could find. A lot of blocks left behind. Not too much trash. Did come across someones poop bag at the north end of the lake off of Hebron Beach...idiots, at least take that off the lake, we cleaned up your blocks too jack wagons. That was the worse area of the lake.

Wanted to thank everyone for another GREAT SEASON in the Newfound Circus. You all are awesome and even though I'm tired and almost ready for the season to end, it still makes me sad, happy and proud to be part of such a great group of true ice fishermen and women. Met some new folks this year that are now a permeant part of the Circus. We keep getting bigger and better every year. 

Got a lot of video and pics that I'll post up later from today. Unfortunately no drone vids today, got breezy.

Stay tuned too for the Newfound Circus Season 2015 video due out later this summer. I have a MOUNTAIN of video and pictures to go through and put together for this video. It's gonna take me a while.

Looking forward to next season already.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #522 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:24 PM »
Bravo NF Circus..you all rock!!! And are the classic example of true sportsmen and sportswomen!!! Sorry to we were not able to pay our annual homeage......as Jiggin always says "PAY IT FORWARD!!"

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #523 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:35 PM »
I didn't even work like you guys did today, but I'm whooped!

I showed up to tidy up Frogs place brfore he got there. When I was done, I decided to commandeer CH's old fishing spot next door. Barely fishing for 3 minutes, I see three wheelers headed my way.....Jiggin positioned himesself to pull the house off, and Psycho and Houndog were at the ready to help me bring stuff in that shouldn't ride in the house. You guys rock.

Capt Black, I appreciate your help yesterday. That is all. :P

Great to see everyone!

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JoeGG

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #524 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Great work Jiggin. Too bad the public that doesn't fish and assumes we're all bunched together as slobs doesn't  read what you did.

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #525 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:26 PM »
Sorry I didn't post much this year, that's something I will work on next year. But it was good to be there today while houses were pulled..and we also did a ride around the lake, which let me reflect on the season ...as always what a class act I fish with...checking houses during the week...hollering out on the radio when help was needed.....channel 5.5 was at its best this season, providing laughs, entertainment , and help.
Wish I could put all of this season into words, but can't ....now it's time to get ready for next season !
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #526 on: Mar 29, 2015, 10:06 PM »
Sorry I didn't post much this year, that's something I will work on next year. But it was good to be there today while houses were pulled..and we also did a ride around the lake, which let me reflect on the season ...as always what a class act I fish with...checking houses during the week...hollering out on the radio when help was needed.....channel 5.5 was at its best this season, providing laughs, entertainment , and help.
Wish I could put all of this season into words, but can't ....now it's time to get ready for next season !
Good way to sum it up.
Thanks for taking us guys in the bleachers along this year, once again Jiggin and Circus crew.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #527 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:55 AM »
View from the launch Saturday. Had a great time thanks for the invite. Hope to hit Newfound a few more times next year than I did this year especially The Dark Side.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #528 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:04 AM »
Thanks for posting the pic meatandmetal. It was great getting to spend some time with you and Bamb. One thing i regret was not taking a picture of the entire group on Saturday. Too much excitement and skipped my mind.

Here's a pic of some of the houses lined up at the launch ready for pull off. More pics and video's forth coming....

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #529 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:14 AM »
Thank You to all the Circusfolk again for another great year of hospitality and entertainment!  :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #530 on: Mar 30, 2015, 10:06 AM »
View from the launch Saturday. Had a great time thanks for the invite. Hope to hit Newfound a few more times next year than I did this year especially The Dark Side.

Def a great time on Saturday, thanks for the invite Jiggin. Troutfreak was an awesome chef. Good to see everybody one more time before the exit from the ice. Quite the awesome crew.

M&M your always welcome on the Dark Side. Your designated driver can come as well.  ;)   >:D

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #531 on: Mar 30, 2015, 10:17 AM »
Def a great time on Saturday, thanks for the invite Jiggin. Troutfreak was an awesome chef. Good to see everybody one more time before the exit from the ice. Quite the awesome crew.

M&M your always welcome on the Dark Side. Your designated driver can come as well.  ;)   >:D

Thanks Captain. My DD was entertaining on the way home but was not driving.  ::)

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #532 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:02 PM »
To Jiggin and all of the Newfound Circus folk: I think I can speak for a lot of us IS members not in the 'circus' when I say that you and your group truly embody the spirit and principles that define not just the sport of ice fishing but also, and more importantly, of what defines good sportsmanship and human comaraderie.  I derive a good deal of pleasure from hearing of the exploits and stories shared by your group on a regular basis. I mean, 20,000 plus views (mind boggling) on your thread alone is evidence enough of the popularity of what it is you guys do. I think thats an indication of maybe we all kind of vicariously want to be a part of what you folks represent and 'that', perhaps, is the highest praise I can give you. I, for one, look forward to getting up there to meet you all next season. I hope all of you have a great "off" season.....Thanx for all you do...     TR

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #533 on: Mar 30, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Well it's sad to see another season go but the memories gained from this past one are irreplaceable. Thank you to everyone in the Circus for being who you are. I could never imagine I would have the opportunity to meet such a great group of genuinely great people.  :bow:
Newfound (Circus)

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #534 on: Mar 31, 2015, 11:12 AM »
Been fishing Newfound ice for years now, this year was a blast.  Thanks for letting us be a small part of a BIG FAMILY!!

Good luck, Stay safe

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #535 on: Mar 31, 2015, 05:01 PM »
Togue Rogue Well said I wish I were as eloquent. These folks are the real deal.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #536 on: Mar 31, 2015, 09:22 PM »
3/31/2015

Story;

Here's a video for the End of Season Ride we took soon after we got all the bob houses off the lake and out of the parking lot on Sunday.
The lake for the most part looked pretty good except for Hebron, that area was the biggest mess by far.
We had 4 GoPros going on different atv's so some of the footage is the same but from a different angles. Tried to piece it all together best I could in short time.
We hit the entire lake, north, south, east and west. Great day for a ride with great company.

I'd like to thank Laker Taker, Tippin, Psycho, Houndog, Scruffy and CH for going out. It was an awesome day for a End of Season Ride!

Enjoy in 1080HD.......bouncy at times.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #537 on: Apr 01, 2015, 04:36 AM »
Another great video ! :clap:

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #538 on: Apr 01, 2015, 07:11 PM »
What a fantastic season!  Frog, Guinea, Ladybug and myself finished it off last night at about 9:00pm.  Frog and me with a couple lakers and a decent rainbow, but no cusk.   Still 20+" of ice.  Unreal. 
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #539 on: Apr 02, 2015, 01:40 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.