Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2015  (Read 69793 times)

Offline salmon-egg

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2015
« Reply #480 on: Mar 21, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Cool video Jiggin!!
<br /><br /><br />

Offline Hyland33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #481 on: Mar 21, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Spent a few hours out by the boat ramp this morning. Didnt see much other than Jiggin's drone buzzing around haha.
-Andrew
Newfound Circus

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #482 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:17 PM »
3/21/2015

Warm day, no wind. Unbelievable for Newfound.

As soon as i put my camera and fishing finder down, there was a laker. First time seeing bottom in this spot and was flat, 28 fow with a log in the distance. Looked good.
Fished in the house in the morning, then CH decided she would like to fish where "her" spot is over by the W.O.W, so off we went. Followed the GPS to where we marked her spot and with no one else around, just one guy and he happens to be dead on her spot. We laughed and went to another hump. Tippin and Laker Taker joined us and soon, Psycho, Scruffy, Mason and Lush (and his dog) were there too. With not much luck, we decided it was time to take off our shanty panties and head into the Dark side.

Great to see everyone again. Did some fishing and visited then noticed the guy behind Capt. Blacks house was frozen in really bad. Up to his floor, solid. When the guy came out Frog went over to see if he needed a hand. We spent the rest of the day helping this guy get his house out of the ice. It's not everyday you get to ruin a perfectly good house. Destroyed it Circus style but we got it out.
Started out with good intention of getting it out of the ice in one piece. By the end of the day, it came out in several pieces. Even used Tippin's winch to help roll it over a couple of times. Never did get the guys name but he seemed happy (sorta).

As always, you never know what will happen in the Dark side. Always good entertainment and thanks for letting us help or destroy a bob house today, Capt. Black, That's a first.

I'll post up pics and some videos later.

Also flew the drone today as Hyland pointed out. Wanted to do more with it but we got tied up on the Dark Side. Too much fun! 

Fished till 9:30pm tonight, saw a bunch of cusk, didn't get any. Lush got 2 and spending the night out.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #483 on: Mar 21, 2015, 09:34 PM »
It took chain saws, pry bars, ATV's, winches, chisels, bottle jack and a farm jack. Plus about 8 of us.

Start was pretty good.

Got it tipped up on one side....stove box seem to be in the way. That's ok, we got this!

Rolled it over a couple of times, missing a bit of the wall and then some....we're here to help.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #484 on: Mar 21, 2015, 10:39 PM »
Too funny, Jiggin, well depending on your perspective.  :-\

Guessing after the owner let it freeze in, he was happy for the help and equipment and just getting it off the ice?

I read and hear about chainsaws in the ice quite a lot.
Curious how much it dulls chain, and more importantly does the bar get enough lubrication to not heat up?
Also, does saw need to be pulled apart each time so as not to rust chain, sprocket etc.?
Thanks in advance.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #485 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:30 AM »
It took chain saws, pry bars, ATV's, winches, chisels, bottle jack and a farm jack. Plus about 8 of us.

Start was pretty good.

Got it tipped up on one side....stove box seem to be in the way. That's ok, we got this!

olled it over a couple of times, missing a bit of the wall and then some....we're here to help.

LMAO!! ;D

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #486 on: Mar 22, 2015, 07:04 AM »
Sorry to miss the dark side this weekend. I would have loved to been part of that demolition looks like a good time. Hope to hook up with you guys next week. -4 with gust of 15 mph winds where I am at now.  :pinch:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #487 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Final part of the story.....all packed up

All cleaned up...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #488 on: Mar 22, 2015, 03:10 PM »
Now the next part of the story....

But this time on Meredith Bay!....Newfound Circus to the Rescue??

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #489 on: Mar 22, 2015, 04:29 PM »
Yep, always an interesting time on the Darkside.

While the guys were helping that kid, aside from cheering them on, me, CH, and Ladybug did some fishing. Sometimes it's handy being a girl; nobody wanted our help. We'll stand here and fish, and cheer you on.  ;D

Way to go, guys. Above and beyond. Kudos to the kid for doing the right thing, too.

I got to the Darkside in the morning, and lost half my bait to a bow who would come by, trip my flag, kill my bait, and leave. Apparently he thought I needed some exercise lol.

Always good company there. Hung out with Eddie Spaghetti, Never Say No, and of course, the Captain himself. We ate well, but there were no cookies. Disclaimer: If you expect cookies on the Darkside, bring your own.

Great to see you all.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #490 on: Mar 22, 2015, 05:19 PM »
3/22/2015

Slept in a bit this morning as i could hear the wind chimes on the porch chiming. I live at the bottom of a valley so if its windy at my house it's 5x's at the lake.

Didn't need to get up early, parking lot had plenty of room, only a few of the usual trucks in it.

Ice conditions are made for wheelers (as long as you have chains or screws in your tires), hard ice and snow pack. Visibility on the camera was awesome. Unfortunately didn't see a lot of lakers today. Sloooow day for sure.

We almost got to witness another bob house (portable this time) get ripped down the lake. Lush to the rescue....he ran out of his house and help the 2 guys get it set up. Not a portable day on Newfound. Strong winds today and glare ice. Nice work paying it forward Lush. He's new to the Circus this year and is having a ball.

After Lush left, i saw the 2 guys tearing down the portable. Went over to see if I could give them a hand but they had it all under control. They called it a day.

Someone later in the day came walking out snapping pics of houses, pretty hard core.

CH decided to stay home today to get some chores done. I was hoping to gain a bigger lead on her but no luck. Skunked today but was nice having 2 holes to myself inside the house. Not a pleasant day for tip ups.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #491 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Jeep in Meredith...

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #492 on: Mar 23, 2015, 09:56 AM »

Quite the weekend on the Dark Side. As you can see from the pics Jiggin posted it was VERY entertaining. The young man was very appreciative Sunday morning. He and his buddy had it cleaned up and gone by 9 am. We fished till 2 pm with no luck. Pulled the shack off the ice after that. Always a sad day. Fun weekend, caught a couple nice lakers and 7 cusk. Lots of laughs between Guinea running for flags and Tippin2over and the Newfound Circus Bobhouse Demolition Team. I'm not done ice fishing just going nomad. Might have to crash Laker Takers shack, looking for spaghetti-o's to fish with. Weather looks good for Saturday.
Last but not least a big thanks to Tippin2over and the Newfound Circus Bobhouse Demolition Team (Frog, Laker Taker, Jiggin, Lush, NeverSayNo, Eddie Spaghetti, and Capt. Black).  You guys sprung into action grabbing gear and tools from all over the lake to help this kid out that no one knew. Outstanding effort from all involved, glad I could be a small part of it. Lush certainly had a memorable first time on the Dark Side. The first 30 beers next weekend are on the kid.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #493 on: Mar 23, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Wish I was there but I was a few miles away. I like demolition. Captain I think that kid was putting that bobhouse out when Bamb308 and I were there. This coming Saturday.  :woot:  I am a nomad.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #494 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:29 AM »
some more pics of the carnage....

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #495 on: Mar 23, 2015, 11:32 AM »
video from Meredith Bay

You can see there is still a few houses out in the bay waiting to pull off. Might be screwed at this ramp. I think there is another by Lago's?

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #496 on: Mar 23, 2015, 12:29 PM »
Second pic down tippin looks like he's saying "Did I do that?". Ah..... yes you did, with a little help.

Wish I was there but I was a few miles away. I like demolition. Captain I think that kid was putting that bobhouse out when Bamb308 and I were there. This coming Saturday.  :woot:  I am a nomad.

Same one M&M. He learned a good lesson (Stay away from the Dark Side-Just kidding).

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #497 on: Mar 23, 2015, 12:41 PM »
Second pic down tippin looks like he's saying " Did I do that?". Ah..... yes you did, with a little help.

Same one M&M. He learned a good lesson (Stay away from the Dark Side-Just kidding).

Are you really just kidding?  >:D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #498 on: Mar 26, 2015, 11:26 AM »
Drone video i took last Saturday.

Thought you might like to see it.

Best played in 1080HD when viewed (as recorded)

Enjoy!

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #499 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:02 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #500 on: Mar 26, 2015, 12:51 PM »
OUTSTANDING!!

X2 great airial show JIGGIN  :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #501 on: Mar 26, 2015, 01:04 PM »
JIGGIN that is the coolest thing I ever seen. I like how you can see the pressure ridge in the higher shots. thanks for sharing.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #502 on: Mar 26, 2015, 02:29 PM »
Drone video i took last Saturday.

Thought you might like to see it.

Best played in 1080HD when viewed (as recorded)

Enjoy!

Ok, that is massively cool stuff there, Jiggin! Looks awesome in 1080 on my 50" monitor!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #503 on: Mar 26, 2015, 02:36 PM »
What an awesome video....I am planning on hitting Newfound this Sunday for the last trip of the season. I wish I tried this place out long before.  I am planning on building a hardside for next year and I am seriously thinking of setting it on Newfound.  Looks like so much fun!  How do you join the Circus?

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #504 on: Mar 26, 2015, 02:46 PM »
GREAT VIDEO JIGGIN!!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #505 on: Mar 26, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Jiggin, Great video and excellent tunes ! ;D

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #506 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Nice vid jiggin the new winter ice sport synchronized 4 wheelers ,my son has a small drone with a cam on it tough to fly in the house I can see the headlines now super model beach gets envaded by drones  ;D

Offline ice fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #507 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:24 PM »
NICE work jigging

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #508 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Ok, that is massively cool stuff there, Jiggin! Looks awesome in 1080 on my 50" monitor!

I like!!!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #509 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:47 PM »
How do you join the Circus?

You simply show up! Your in!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.