The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: LOW Resort Reviews  (Read 7779 times)

Offline woodyth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IS there ICE YET!
Re: LOW Resort Reviews
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2015, 03:00 PM »
Booked with Beckels bunks 5-8th. Maiden voyage up to the motherland. Will give a report when I get back, as I haven't seen anything on them anywhere :-\
Woody
Firemen do it best!
IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH:bang:

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Booked with Beckels bunks 5-8th. Maiden voyage up to the motherland. Will give a report when I get back, as I haven't seen anything on them anywhere :-\
Woody

Please do we start fishing on the 9th
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline woodyth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IS there ICE YET!
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2015, 01:42 PM »
Will do, Prolly gonna call/text this DIRTBALL character, he sounds like he can hang. Hopefully the temps stay true also, mid 30's!?!?!?! That should turn on the BIG DAWGS!
Firemen do it best!
IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH:bang:

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2015, 07:09 PM »
Fished at Zippel Bay on 2/27 and 2/28. Ended with 25 fish between 2 of us with 6 to bring home (including 2perch). Overall great trip even if fishing was a little slow with the small ones. Great accommodations and good people there

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2015, 07:43 PM »
Will do, Prolly gonna call/text this DIRTBALL character, he sounds like he can hang. Hopefully the temps stay true also, mid 30's!?!?!?! That should turn on the BIG DAWGS!

Ya MAN !!!
Good luck.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline airflite1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Apr 15, 2017, 08:39 PM »
has anyone here ever used Dale Peterson Fish House Rentals LOTW?

I know this an old thread but I wanted to put in a plug for Dale and Connie, they got us interested in Ice fishing again, they are great people who work very hard to make sure you catch fish and probably the nicest people you will meet on the lake. Also Shane Wahl would be excellent to fish with, especially if you have a bigger group, just plan on great stories...

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Oct 13, 2017, 08:57 AM »
Time to keep this thread alive - it's getting close to the hardwater time.

I have fished LOTW just about every year around Christmas.  They usually have good ice around that time.  We usually stay at Ballards Resort.  Have fished out of Borderview during the summer, but have moved over to Ballards for the last 10 years.  Ballards seem to always always have their houses where the fish are moving.  Service is excellent.  We usually fish for a day.  Traveling up to the NW corner of MN for the holiday usually leaves us with only one day to fish.  Still trying to get a group of friends to go up in late January this year. 

The lake has a lot of tannin in the water, so it is dark in color, so the comments about not being able to use a camera are true.  The fishing usually shuts down around sundown, and that is big reason why the resorts come out to pick up the day people.  If you want to stay out late, you can bring your own hut/house out and rent a road access from one of the other resorts up on the Rainy river.  They will give you a map and directions on where to set up. 

You can usually decide if you want to fish early, or late, so they usually make 2 runs to bring you out/in depending on when you leave the resort. 

As always, you have to keep an eye on the weather.  Some years we have been making plans to be out there early in the season, some years it has been warm enough that they didn't have fishable ice until the end of the year or early January, so keep this in mind for travelers not familiar with this lake.  It is a place you should all fish once, then you will hooked like us all. 

Enjoy!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Oct 24, 2017, 01:00 PM »
This past Jan we fished with Fred's beds.  We were pretty happy with them overall.  Fishing was decent at first and trailed off towards the end of the trip not their fault obviously.  As far as cabin it was a 4 man 10x20 so decent room they came with cook top and pans, bait, along with fan, tv, and dvd player.  They stopped and checked in with us in the morning and afternoon brought fresh bait and would make a liquor run for you if needed.  We rented a generator from them as we were a little tight on room on the drive up it worked perfect with no issues.  Price for 3 days and 3 nights was 250ish with tax we thought it was very reasonable.

We are using them again this year same time frame and are looking forward to another great fishing trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.