Author Topic: Deschambault 2014-15  (Read 7931 times)

Offline 4 for the bucket

• IceShanty Rookie
Deschambault 2014-15
« on: Dec 28, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Has anyone been up to deschambault lately if so whats the snow condition and the ice conditions like ?

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Deschambault 2014-15
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2014, 09:32 PM »
my brother was there two weeks ago and lit it up at willow island and the river mouth.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2014, 08:38 AM »
Any word on the driving conditions out on deschambault to willow/ballentyne bay? Any big heaves or danger? Truck access still possible? And any word on trail conditions and fishing up at oskikibuk? Limestone.... Decent ice? Any info is appreciated

Offline bernie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2015, 04:44 PM »
just got back from there yesterday.  they are driving all the way out to the mouth of the ballintyne river. we found it a little slow but there was a real shanty by the mouth of the river.  we actually went to limestone yesterday morning and they walleye were hitting like crazy. we went about 5 miles across the lake to the far point in the bay there.  but we snowmobiled acrossed the lake.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2015, 10:46 AM »
was anyone up over the weekend or have any recent reports from deschambault area? is the fishing still decent and can u drive onto the lake with a truck still or would it be wise bringing sleds? I am trying to go on weekend for 3 days and just seeing if anyone has been up there? thanks folks?

Offline thegreenbear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:01 PM »
If anyone has been on Deschambault the last few days, an update on driving conditions would be much appreciated. We're going up next weekend to Bloomfield's (arriving Saturday, January 24).

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:23 PM »
My brother fished at willow island and did just ok. They drove on at Bloomfields, but said its getting to be pretty tough going

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2015, 09:51 PM »
Just walked in from trip down Hanson Lake road. I have been fishing around the area for the past week, as of today trucks were still coming off at bloomfields, much more snow and wind will make it tougher yet.We spent Sat. attending the sled rally at Lower fishing Lake , was fun, good food and drinks with over a hundred riders some riders from as far as Alberta and Man came to enjoy the snow. Little hard to sleep late Sat night though with the late night riders and their tuned pipes.  Walleye bite has been getting a little better each day for the past week on the lakes I have been fishing. Northerns are chomping big time most days, Perch have been slow and have not fished for lakers yet so can not tell u but may give Little Bear a shot soon. North of Torch River has more snow as u go up. Take your extensions if heading North, all  the lakes I have been fishing have plenty of snow drifts in spots plus 28-34 inches of hard blue ice. Heading back up tommow after I have load up with more grub and refreshments to take advantage of this weather before the big freeze comes back. Fish safe.

Offline Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:02 AM »
hey just wondering what lakes you fished up hanson lake road. im hoping to do a trip up there this winter and wondering what trails are open and what access is like. Devils? Church? Paranteau? Thanks 

Offline mehow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:46 PM »
Nice. How much snow off of the plowed road? Is that the 8"?

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2015, 07:42 PM »
yes more or less....there is the occasional hard drift...weather changes 3 time a day up there...

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:40 AM »
Warm weather is not hurting the bite. We had another good week, nothing large, but plenty of 1.5-2 lb. Walleye, with the odd 4-6lb. Northern.Have not fished lakers or trout with the decent Walleye fishing but maybe this week.Fished Deshambault couple of days, the rest from Lower fishing to Limestone. Big Sandy has been good for Northern's. Anyone heading North this morning in the dark watch real close for two yearling Moose on Highway 6 just N of (Wapiti) Saskatchewan River nearly drilled them last night coming back down in the dark to reload with more food and refreshments, enjoy the good weather while it lasts.  Fish safe. 

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2015, 01:21 PM »
Is it still drive able on the ice up there? 9 of us are heading up there in 2 weeks for a few days. I know the weather can change pretty quick from now till then but just wanted to see how things are.

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Any word on lake conditions up there after the snowfall?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:11 PM »
How is getting around the lake?  Is the road still graded out to willows?  Will be up there next week.
Blake from Elbow

Offline Extreme Sask Angling

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:40 PM »
We just got back, the road out to Williows is smooth and clean sailing all the way there, few bumps. Caught lots, use the biggest jigging spoons you own! Most wouldn't hit smaller baits, they would hammer my big pk flutter spoons. It's a blast, I'm planning my March trip now.
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2015, 07:53 AM »
THANK YOU Extreme! I've been wondering how the road is up there. Haven't heard about it since before the snowfall. Will be up there for 3 days next weekend. Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to buy some bigger spoons. Are we talking 3/4oz or even bigger yet?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Thanks for the update we are headed up Sunday.
Blake from Elbow

Offline KCG Fish Team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Blake, can you please report back on the conditions of the road out to willows when you get back, Thanks
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2015, 07:17 PM »
The owner is keeping up on the road pretty good, he will want to keep it up for feb and March when he gets busy. And big 3/4-1oz pks!
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline KCG Fish Team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2015, 06:51 AM »
Thanks, We are planning on heading up first weekend in march. It would be nice to get out to Ballantyne Bay. What colours where hot on those big PK's?
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2015, 10:50 AM »
Red dot glow seemed to be the best, and anything with a rattle seemed to have scared them off.

Offline MDC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 12, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Heading up tomorrow for 3 days. Anyone been up there this week? How's the bite? Is the ice road still in decent shape? Any tips or advice? There's 9 of us going. I hope to out fish everyone of them haha. Thanks

Offline KCG Fish Team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Feb 12, 2015, 07:27 PM »
I talked to a guy that was out at willow last sat, sun. He said the road was good, fishing was great sat, slow sun, Good luck! let us know the shape of the road when your back.

Offline King Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 13, 2015, 12:51 PM »
What are those things call on the ice in the second pic ?

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 13, 2015, 07:08 PM »
walleye?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 14, 2015, 10:37 AM »
Fished Deschambault this last week.  Fishing was some of the best I've experienced.  Stayed at Bloomfeilds, Gary still has the road open to the willows.  Its like driving on a highway.
Blake from Elbow

Offline KCG Fish Team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Feb 15, 2015, 12:41 PM »
Thats Awesome! Looking forward to heading up there my self. Where the fish biting all day or did they pick up in different parts of the day?

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Morning was best. They were on and off all day.
Blake from Elbow

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Mar 02, 2015, 10:34 AM »
Heading up to stay at beautiful Bloomfields's Resort  ;) this weekend. Temps are expected to be near 0 degrees so I am beyond excited. Hear the fishing is phenomenal also. Just wondering what most people have success with up there as far as hooks and bait. Also, are tip ups used with much success there? What would be the best choice for a large dead bait under a tip up? :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.