The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: worth it to change mora to lazer?  (Read 999 times)

Offline fishm_n

• Team IceShanty Regular
worth it to change mora to lazer?
« on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:01 PM »
I have a six inch mora with the offset  handle. Would I gain much cutting power by lazer adapter??

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: worth it to change mora to lazer?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:06 PM »
I have a six inch mora with the offset  handle. Would I gain much cutting power by lazer adapter??

It will cut a lot faster.....is it worth it? Only you would know. A kit off of ebay can provide the adaptor blocks to do what you want. I did it with a 7in eskimo shaver (mora) and made it a lazer. It blew me away how fast the lazer cut vs. the shaver blades.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:07 PM »
Unsure but I got lucky enough to pick up a brand new lazer hand auger at the end of last season for $45 which will be replacing the mora this year.... wish it had the offset handle tho

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:09 PM »
I never heard of a lazer adapter  but I'd just go a new lazer auger.  Its not about power but blade material, curve and sharpness.  Good luck on whatever you do.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2014, 11:21 PM »
I never heard of a lazer adapter  but I'd just go a new lazer auger.  Its not about power but blade material, curve and sharpness.  Good luck on whatever you do.

The adaptor is $29 shipped off ebay, and is made of high quality aircraft aluminum.  I picked up a set of lazer blades for $26 shipped. So for $56 i got a 7in lazer. Cheapest I could find a lazer was $95 shipped. Plus i have the original shaver blades. when i need to get the lazer blades sharpened i can send them off and go back to the shaver style blade/auger untill my blades come back. It's not for everyone, but I like to play around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.