The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait Shops and Minnows?  (Read 889 times)

Offline Hellraiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bait Shops and Minnows?
« on: Dec 19, 2014, 11:33 PM »
I grew up in basin and my son and I are coming home for Xmas be there this Sunday through Friday planning on hitting it for sure any tips on where t o get minnows at in basin or greybull also how thick is the ice and any tips on where to pop some hole would be great. Anyways take everyone and have fun

Offline mallardmuncher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait Shops and Minnows?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014, 07:11 AM »
Go to Wyoming page and check out bait dealers. Marvs minnows in Worland is a good place to get bait his number is on that page
Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2014, 07:49 AM »

Offline Hellraiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Harrington, Wardell/Big Horn
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2014, 01:09 PM »
I thought I made a post guess I didn't. My son and I will be coming to stay with my folks in basin for a week of Xmas. We will be fishing it for sure. Can you get minnows there in basin or Greybull. Also any help on  where to pop some holes to help my boys and I successes would be great help

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Re: Harrington, Wardell/Big Horn
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2014, 02:32 PM »
I haven't heard of any minnows being sold in Basin or Greybull but I do know that minnows are sold in Lovell.

Offline dfauverii

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Re: Harrington, Wardell/Big Horn
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2014, 03:03 PM »
  Not sure where you're coming from but there are a couple guys in Worland with minnows.  They should be listed on the bait shop page here. 
You can lead a man to water but you can't make him catch fish.

Offline Hellraiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2014, 11:18 PM »
Thank you everyone. We're heading up from riverton. So I got options was just hoping one was back where mom and dad was. I don't have a airator so not sure how long I can keep them lively in a big cooler. Anyways thank yo

Offline NitroChukar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:20 AM »
you do know the minnows in Riverton can know be used around Worland?

Offline Hellraiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:32 AM »
no you are wrong if you obtain minnows from area b which were harvested from area b. you may may use the minnows from Riverton, as long as you use them in the established area according to the drainage systems in the regulations.  for example if I purchase them in Riverton from a licensed dealer who got them from the windriver or bighorn drainage, then I can use them say at wardell/Harrington. I was concerned about this at first so I called the game and fish and confirmed what I just stated.  but on a another note I ended up just buying the minnows at marvins minnows in Worland what a great guy I highly suggest going through this nice sportmans.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.