Author Topic: Brood Stock Rainbow Trout  (Read 698 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Brood Stock Rainbow Trout
« on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Was out in Alberta last week and hit a bunch of trout ponds.  Heard of some brood stock going into some ponds and decided to give it a try. First night out was my first ice fishing of 2014/15 season and the MarCum was dead!  Oh to my dismay I'd be jumping back into to my fishing blind years.  So headed to the pond for the evening bite.  Drilled a whole bunch of wholes and started jigging around.  Took a while but hooked up on a really nice one.  Put him back and kept fishing.  Before leaving was surprised by a late biter and a fat female.  Well that was a great start to my ice fishing season. 

A few days later went back after having minimal luck at another pond and the fish were on.  Set a deadstick with a jig and powerbait and jigged around.  Caught some on my jigging rod and on the dead stick.   5 or 6 in total the second afternoon.  Biggest looked to be 20+ inches.  Let them all go for another day.  Put a couple videos together with tips on exactly what I was doing if you're interested.   Get out there and catch some Rainbow trout this early ice season.  It's a lot of fun.

Video Day #2 - Dead Sticking

Video #1 - First Day on Ice 2014/15

THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline HWK

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Brood Stock Rainbow Trout
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Nice! Good post.

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Brood Stock Rainbow Trout
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:12 AM »