The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: The bigwiggle Ice fishes for the first time today..  (Read 1085 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
The bigwiggle Ice fishes for the first time today..
« on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Hey Guys
I finally got to hit the ice, :thumbsup: but my catch rates were not the best  ::) ??? but anyways i had allot of fun hanging out with an old friend. I fished lake ninevah in MT Holly but only caught dink perch and a small pickerel. Then i headed to The Northern end of Bomo and did not have much success  there but my friend caught a 5 pound pike on a tip up  :icefish: in 4 feet of water.

The best part of the day I got to play with my new toys for the first time like my new Vexilar FLX-28 :thumbsup: and what an awesome unit this is. Just love the features on this unit. I got to try out some new poles and new baits, and my new Ice armor Boots from Clam are so Warm .

I plan on fishing again on Sunday at small local pond.

Fish on
The Bigwiggle
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline JNotte

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The bigwiggle Ice fishes for the first time today..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014, 03:50 AM »
How were the ice conditions? Thinking of maybe hitting up the north side of Bomo soon.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2014, 09:35 AM »
How were the ice conditions? Thinking of maybe hitting up the north side of Bomo soon.

The ice conditions on Bomo was sketchy :o , so be careful if you go.. 3 inches mostly , but 4 inches of slush ice on top..
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline troutcrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:22 AM »
Bigwiggle, are you out there with a spud bar?

Offline JNotte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2014, 03:21 PM »
I really want to go fishing but I don't want to go swimming. Might have to wait till they firm up a bit.

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Bigwiggle, are you out there with a spud bar?

Yes that could of been me. Did you see my red Gmc Envoy parked off the side of the road

Offline percheater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2014, 04:50 AM »
Got to fish Chittenden Dam yesterday. Two layers of decent ice totaling about 8 inches. The bite was slow for the dam butdidn't go down back where I like to go.Caught 30 perch but small. They make great eating but a pain to clean. Will be trying Fern Lake today be fore the rains mess it all up.
Gary Owen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.