Author Topic: Jigging=Bass  (Read 1234 times)

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jigging=Bass
« on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Haven't had one flag this year.Cause all i do is jig.I have always been a tip up fisherman till this year.I took up jigging and chasing bass instead of trout.What a blast.I have taken a couple 2 hr. trips this year and have done ok.Last Sunday produced 10 bass and today i iced 7.All on the Jigging Shad Rap.It's amazing how much these fish school up.Today i was on my 19th hole before i finally found them.5 bass from that hole and my next hole produced 2 more.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jigging=Bass
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:45 PM »
 ::) OK!  Now you will have to change your site name ??
Dick

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Good one!Lesson learned.Never make a screen name after a particular species of fish.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:25 PM »
Nice work man! Bass on a jiggin rod can be a blast.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Good one!Lesson learned.Never make a screen name after a particular species of fish.
lol I know right ::) Nice work with the jigging rap. Probably my favorite winter bass lure. Also, fish those same holes time and time again, on lake Winni there is a hump that rises to 35 fow and has 50 fow surrounding it and every time I fish the hump, I get 15-20 bass all around 2.5-3 lbs. When they school up the action is nonstop!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2014, 03:58 AM »
Awesome... I have never caught a bass on a jogging rod...pure tips ups..sent you a pm...congrats
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2014, 04:27 AM »
Personally I still prefer catching trout/Salmotrutta better than Bass...  ;D  ;)

But I will admit going on a few trips with Jibbs and the SB crew. We pulled up several nice bass and its on my list of some of the best trips Ive been on  @) Good friends = Good times/Good Fishin.

Great Job getting out and landing some nice ones Steve. Glad You had a good couple trips!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2014, 09:53 AM »
Personally I still prefer catching trout/Salmotrutta better than Bass...  ;D  ;)

But I will admit going on a few trips with Jibbs and the SB crew. We pulled up several nice bass and its on my list of some of the best trips Ive been on  @) Good friends = Good times/Good Fishin.

Great Job getting out and landing some nice ones Steve. Glad You had a good couple trips!
thanks Keith...it is quite the production...sitting at home on a Saturday december 20th on a day like this is not our style...disappointed but after the incident in a little gun shy... weather reminds me of 2011-12
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2014, 11:13 AM »
weather reminds me of 2011-12
Seems very similar :-\

Offline basst_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2014, 10:45 AM »
i love jiggin, last year was the best season ive ever had. i jigged so many bass last year. i caught a 5lbser while jiggin for big gills

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2014, 10:05 AM »
nicely done looks like you got the jiggin thing down.

Jibbs bass fishes? who knew....
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2014, 11:26 AM »
Nice quality bass!!!  Much more fun on the jig stick too.  Nice job
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.