Author Topic: MI trip this weekend  (Read 971 times)

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
MI trip this weekend
« on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:34 PM »
Had some plans in the works to head up to MI (Houghton, Cadillac, or Mitchell) this weekend and was going to leave early Sat. Weather, vacation days, etc screwed things up for the other people that were going. I still have a free weekend and would still like to get on some ice. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same idea and I could maybe meet up with ya. Conditions now still dont look great but the ice survived and is anywhere from 2-6" depending on where you look. I am hopeful b/c they got some temps in the teens the next two nights so maybe things are good by Sat.

Hit me up on here or send a PM.

Thanks,

tschneid

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: MI trip this weekend
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014, 05:24 AM »
I would consider it if it was next weekend, as I have to work this weekend
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline tschneid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Plans sort of came together last minute but we (myself and another board member who I was originally going with) made it up for a two day trip. Left early Sat and came back Sun night. Still got plenty of fishing in. Ended up fishing Mitchell both days. Ice was 5-6" everywhere we drilled. Stayed at pilgrim village where they had everything we needed (cheap motel, bait, lures, maps, etc). It was my first time up there and will definitely try and make plans for another trip. Fishing wasn't hot but we caught fish consistently. Guy I was with found a nice honey hole and got some really nice gills and crappie. Had prolly 10 flags with 7 hookups. All of them were pike with nothing to big. Felt good to get on some ice. I figured I would give an update just in case anyone else has the itch as bad as I did. They are supposed to get another small warm up this week last time I looked but the ice should hold.

Offline jdm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2014, 01:31 AM »
nice report, glad you got out.

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2014, 03:40 AM »
Glad you still got to go, thanks for the report
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline muskydg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2014, 06:29 AM »
Thanks for the post. Wanting to head that direction right after x-mas. Have a some time off and want to get on the ice somewhere.
Thanks
Dennis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.