Author Topic: Cigars on Ice  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Ches.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cigars on Ice
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2014, 01:28 PM »
I think Cubans are over rated or I have just had cheap ones because I don't know the brand names to get.  I do like a few stogies on the ice as well as soft water fishing (unless I am casting a lot).  I get all mine from Cigar International and usually get two or 3 bundles at a time.  My humidor will not fit that many so I put the extras in 1 gal freezer bags and toss them in the freezer.  I will say one thing, I like a cup of Joe or a beer when smoking.  And I think Esox said he does not like the flavored ones, I am with him 100%.  I like a cigar to taste and smell like a cigar.  I like Robusto's the best but any good cigar 50 ring or + has my name written all over it.

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:33 PM »
I have a few every week....especially on the ice I've been buy in from Thompson cigars for years and hope they will have Cubans available as soon as the approvals.

Offline VTWoodchuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:51 PM »
I'm not much of a smoker when I was younger my dad and grandfather would always light up a rum blended Crook or Crookett cigar "to keep the bugs away" when we were fishing during any season.  They smelled great and I remember the motto on the box "Crook Cigars - if you were soaked in 146 proof rum you'd be a little crooked too".  They were actually formed with a crooked bend to them.  I've looked for them but always ended up settling for a box of Swisher Sweets.  They'll "keep the bugs away"  but their taste would gag a maggot.
“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 23, 2014, 03:45 PM »
  A Romeo & Julietta, a couple of Smuttynose Finestkind IPA's and a sunny windfree day around 20 degrees. Can you say HEAVEN
John

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 23, 2014, 04:13 PM »
Yep. IMHO Cubans are overpriced & over-rated.  Nics are just as good, if not better.

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline ready2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Partagas Series D #3.

That's a good smoke, Punch is another great one

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #36 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Sorry guys, IMO cigars should taste like cigars, not coffee, honey, vanilla or any of Drew's other funky concoctions. Like wise I like my beer to taste like beer, not berry, honey, lemonade, lime or any other "girly" stuff. Just me, I'm a simple guy.....
x2.............and coffee should taste like coffee.

"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:40 PM »
That's right Jerry, almost forgot about that....

See Reb, look at all the friends I got!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 24, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Ill stick with my fuentes, patels,ashtons, etc. I love my cubans especially because they come from the homeland for me. However since they are "hard" to get its not to big of a lose, as long as i got something. DANG I LOVE CIGARS!!!

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 24, 2014, 09:16 AM »
  A Romeo & Julietta, a couple of Smuttynose Finestkind IPA's and a sunny windfree day around 20 degrees. Can you say HEAVEN

X2.......

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #40 on: Dec 24, 2014, 10:58 AM »
That's right Jerry, almost forgot about that....

See Reb, look at all the friends I got!

;D  Been considering trying an el puffo lately myself.....
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #41 on: Dec 25, 2014, 10:18 AM »
My sister just got me a Dominican sampler pack for Xmas!  Can't wait to fire one up
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 25, 2014, 10:32 AM »
I got a nice load of cigars for Christmas. Olivero, Graycliff, Griffin, Armada Man-O-War, Black Crown Samcro (yes, Sons of Anarchy). Just finished a Montecristo Espada. Now all I need is some ice to enjoy them!  :woot: ;D
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 25, 2014, 10:45 AM »
     To be politically correct smoking is bad for you along with eggs and breathing our air.  That being said I still miss smoking after quitting over ten years ago, so yes what I am saying is that I am jealous ! ! !    :roflmao: :sick: :roflmao: :sick: :roflmao: :sick:  and green with envy.   ;D

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #44 on: Dec 25, 2014, 10:57 AM »
I'll respectfully disagree that smoking is bad for you. Book I read a coupla times says "everything in moderation"....... ;)2 That suggests to me that we are intended to enjoy that , just not too much of it, like alcohol or food and a host of other things that can be "too much". Sure, I've cut back considerably from a few years back but I still enjoy a good cigar from time to time. And Russ, not to tempt but should you decide to revisit that, I'd be happy to sit and burn one with you over an ice hole somewhere..... ;D

A far as the PC thing goes. I hope I live long enough to see the pendulum swing back to the point where we don't have to measure every word in fear of tickin' someone off. OK, fine, off to the Grumpy shack I go.....

I got my own pkg on the way....One box/bundle each Gurkha Park Ave., Rocky Patel Connecticut Sampler and the Xicar HC Sampler (a surprisingly good value I thought).

All @ 20% off, (as my Dad was prone to do: Merry Christmas from Mike(me) to Dad(me)! That'll get me into July or so.

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #45 on: Dec 25, 2014, 01:56 PM »
 :icefish: puff puff :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: mmmmm tasty cigars are a rewarding treat
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline Zhitnik44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 25, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Big Scott try acid earthiness

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2014, 03:52 PM »
part of my culture and growing up. forever long live a free cuba!

Offline 82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2014, 04:19 PM »
Might rub some the wrong way, but I prefer to roll my own smokes. ;) Keeps me relaxed and focused.

Offline big scott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Big Scott try acid earthiness
Looks like I've got some cigars to smoke !!
Thanks guys , not only can I find which creepers are best or if beads on leaders increase bites, but also which cigars are good!!

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Just finished an Arturo Fuente Anejo maduro with a glass of Jim Beam white over ice.  ;D They compliment each other very well  :tipup:

love my fuentes!!

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 27, 2014, 08:22 PM »
X2.......

Reddot I used to go to a pretty wild party in your neighborhood in my younger years.
John

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Any recommendations on the best places to buy cigars online?

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #53 on: Dec 27, 2014, 09:13 PM »
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Offline CPace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 28, 2014, 03:23 AM »
I'll respectfully disagree that smoking is bad for you. Book I read a coupla times says "everything in moderation"....... ;)2 That suggests to me that we are intended to enjoy that , just not too much of it, like alcohol or food and a host of other things that can be "too much". Sure, I've cut back considerably from a few years back but I still enjoy a good cigar from time to time. And Russ, not to tempt but should you decide to revisit that, I'd be happy to sit and burn one with you over an ice hole somewhere..... ;D

A far as the PC thing goes. I hope I live long enough to see the pendulum swing back to the point where we don't have to measure every word in fear of tickin' someone off. OK, fine, off to the Grumpy shack I go.....

I got my own pkg on the way....One box/bundle each Gurkha Park Ave., Rocky Patel Connecticut Sampler and the Xicar HC Sampler (a surprisingly good value I thought).

All @ 20% off, (as my Dad was prone to do: Merry Christmas from Mike(me) to Dad(me)! That'll get me into July or so.

Gotta hang with you on this!!  I like a Swisher or two when i go fish'n, soft or hard water.  as for the PC stuff, I just get tired of every lilly livered wawa  making it a "law" for everyone else just so theydon't get their poor little feel'ns hurt (they need to get a little thicker skinned, or go home and cry about it, it's up to them).  Besides, nobody seems to be too upset if they say something that might irritate the rest of us, but then, it's the minority who rule these days.  OK, I'll quit B_tch'n!   :P

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 28, 2014, 03:44 AM »
Might rub some the wrong way, but I prefer to roll my own smokes. ;) Keeps me relaxed and focused.
Whacky tobaccy?

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 28, 2014, 03:45 AM »
Any recommendations on the best places to buy cigars online?
JR Cigars or Cigars International.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #57 on: Dec 28, 2014, 07:05 AM »
JR Cigars or Cigars International.

X2

I started with Thompson, I think a lotta folks did. Found my way to JR after a few years of that and really broadened my horizons. Last 6 years or so I've been ordering from CI (Cigars International) and found the best deals for me.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 28, 2014, 10:24 AM »
Dont leave home without 'em!

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline dickerson_jared

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 28, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Cigars International is the place to go. My only hope is that the Cuban Cohibas are better than the American because I would much rather smoke an Oliva Serie V over any Cohiba I've ever tried.
"Yeah, well, listen Dr. D*pcrap - you've obviously never been ice fishing before.
No, I haven't.
Well it's f*cking exhilarating."
-Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.