Author Topic: gopro for ice fishing?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Martinezb9

• Team IceShanty Regular
gopro for ice fishing?
« on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Thinking about getting a gopro for ice fishing. I love ice fishing and love photograph has any one else tried using one during your fishing trips and are the results as outstanding as the video below. Just curious done want to waste my money.

http://vimeo.com/62316327

Offline swoab47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: gopro for ice fishing?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:24 PM »
They work nice.  I have only played with it a little.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Here is time lapse I did last year. I am going to try and use it more this year. Hero Black 3

Offline Martinezb9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:19 PM »
Nice videos. Anyone know if I can get real time feed to the top side for scouting fish

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:25 PM »
Nice videos. Anyone know if I can get real time feed to the top side for scouting fish
Your going to have make a custom case. You can get a video out real time feed from these cameras but you can not get it using wifi. Once the camera is under water you loose the connection. The only way to do it is to hard wire it. Not worth the chance of a case leak in my opinion.

Offline Martinezb9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Your going to have make a custom case. You can get a video out real time feed from these cameras but you can not get it using wifi. Once the camera is under water you loose the connection. The only way to do it is to hard wire it. Not worth the chance of a case leak in my opinion.

Thank you so much for your time and info. I am pretty handy but when it comes to custom and expensive im out. But I do like the videos you guys made so I will have to deal with the no live feed until a non custom solution comes out. Thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.