Author Topic: Live Bait In Belmont Area  (Read 536 times)

Offline livtofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Live Bait In Belmont Area
« on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:03 PM »
I have recently retired and moved from Maine to Belmont, NH.  I have move to be closer to my seven grandchildren and want to do some ice fishing with them.  I do not know the area that well and would like to trap a few shiners for bait as I am on a very limited income.  Would someone be so kind to tell me where I might beable to trap some bait in the Loudon/Belmont area.  Thank you in advance.  You may PM me if you wish.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Live Bait In Belmont Area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:48 PM »
Martel's baitshop in laconia or winnisquam trading post by mosquito bridge

Offline dryfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:51 PM »
I don't know what the laws are pertaining to fishing for bait with traps.... but.... there are several good ponds near you to look at.
Shell Camp and Loon and Rocky Ponds are close.

Good Luck !

Hope you find a honey hole and slay them !

Offline joedigio

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2014, 09:58 AM »
Wow I am glad i can help with this one! Many years ago, our family owned a trailer in Belmont near the intersection of 106 and 140. There used to be a pond that still shows up on google maps called Badger Pond. There is a stream that is dammed up, it is called Tioga stream or something like that. This stream flows under route 106. Just below the dam I used to trap shiners like crazy in that stream.  Look on google maps and set it to satelite view. Look near the intersection of 106 and 140 and follow 106 a little ways like you are heading toward Laconia. You will see it plainly, and if you zoom in a little you will see the dam. Now I haven't been there in many years, in fact the last time I was there, the pond was still present. Still though, that stream seems to be there based upon the google earth image. I would check it out! Good luck, Joe.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2014, 10:07 AM »
If your buying bait not trapping, and your close to 93 I would got to squam river bait. His bait is excellent. Winnisquam deli has bait too, fresh snacks, drinks etc. Both places are close to you.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.