The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cadillac or houghton where to go?????  (Read 824 times)

Offline Jbog33

• IceShanty Rookie
Cadillac or houghton where to go?????
« on: Dec 18, 2014, 01:36 PM »
Taking my sons and father in law fishing on the 27th of December and was wondering which place would be better to go to Cadillac or houghton lake really don't want to go much farther north than houghton cause that's a 3.5 hour drive but would like for the kids to be able to catch some fish any help would be appreciated thanks

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cadillac or houghton where to go?????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2014, 03:51 PM »
Taking my sons and father in law fishing on the 27th of December and was wondering which place would be better to go to Cadillac or houghton lake really don't want to go much farther north than houghton cause that's a 3.5 hour drive but would like for the kids to be able to catch some fish any help would be appreciated thanks
to tell the truth, I think that just to go up for a day or so of fishing, I say Cadillac would offer your children the best chance of catching some fish

Offline Jbog33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:24 PM »
Thanks for the info

Offline rtbluver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:32 PM »
I was supposed to go to Houghton lake this Sunday, but I've been seeing a lot about Cadillac. Is there good ice right now?  And I have never been to either one of the lakes, but the guy at Houghton bait shop said he would set me up on a decent line on navionics. Or should I go to Cadillac? Jut wanna catch some fish!

Offline Jbog33

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:38 PM »
I have fished houghton lake once about 5 years ago and we went through Lyman's on the the lake and they were great guys and very helpful I have never fished Lake Cadillac just want to have my boys catch some fish lol

Offline Swedish Pimp

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Fished Missaukee in Lake City last Saturday. Ice was 8-6 in. Spend the day walking around drilling holes in ice with nothing much to show for it. The area fished was off green street.  Fished 4-22 fow and everywhere between. Flats nothing drops nothing deep pockets nothing sunken islands nothing. Talked with some others and there luck was the same.

Offline FilletofSoul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • if its brown its down
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2014, 11:15 PM »
I went up that way in 2012 via US 127, left turn takes you to Cadillac and right takes you to Houghton. Ended up by TC on a smaller lake, caught one decent perch, and hooked some other unknowns. Only fished a couple hours, but seen a bald eagle on the ride up
which was pretty cool. Drove back home that night, and felt better when I got home. Up north is a nice option to have, whether you catch anything or not. Beats sitting around
But don't quote me on that. I have a drinking problem, I keep running out of beer. I've always been a little bit crazy, but its kept me from going insane.

Offline tazdevil300

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2014, 11:53 PM »
Go to Hamlin for bluegills,lots of fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.