The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hey all!  (Read 650 times)

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I'm fishing I'm happy
Hey all!
« on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:37 AM »
I introduced myself on the main forums but as I look more and deeper into this awesome page I'm finding new threads and areas I didn't know were here. This page is setup so great to cater to anyone and everyone in every location and I love it. Seeing how I'm from Pennsylvania I was told to introduce myself in the PA forums. Well I'm new to the sport and just started last year. Since then I must say it's my favorite type of fishing. Anyone who knows me knows I'm an avid kayak fisherman and do this all the time so for me to claim this is my favorite kind of fishing is saying something! I've been told you won't find any nicer, kinder, out more ready to help you type of angler then a ice fisherman. I'm finding that to be very true! So I'm looking forward to see what I can learn from you guys and what I might be able to help out with someone as the years go by! Also looking forward to getting to know some of you! Thanks ahead of time for your help and good luck to all who are lucky enough to be out on the ice already!

Thanks!
Josh
There's Ice Fishing, then there's ice and fishing.

Offline curtrein

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hey all!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Welcome to the brotherhood of PA ice fisherman!

Offline tackleshack

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner of Tackle Shack
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014, 10:49 AM »
Hey Josh, glad you found the PA boards!  You'll enjoy it here.  Lots of good people and tons of information. 

I do have one complaint though... Ice Shanty keeps me from getting work done here lol.  So much stuff to read and learn from. 

Back to work...well, maybe just a few more minutes of Ice Shanty ;)

Have a good one,

Don
Don Kelly

Tackle Shack
9683 Route 287
Wellsboro, PA 16901
570-724-5138
[email protected]
www.wellsborotacklesha ck.com

Shop Online anytime at www.shoptackleshack.co m

Like us on Facebook- www.facebook.com/wellsborotackleshack

Follow us on Twitter
@TackleShackPA

Follow us on Instagram
@Wellsborotackleshack #tackleshack #fishtiogacounty

Offline percheye

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2014, 10:54 AM »
HEY, GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER COUDERSPORT PERSON WITH THE BUG. YOU WILL NEED TO COME OUT WITH US THIOS WINTER.

Offline Rizzman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:34 PM »
welcome Josh. I had a hunting camp for many years just south of Smethport. Betula actually . have you tried East branch ?

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:49 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome! And it's nice to see someone else from my small town on here. Rizzman I have not tried that yet. I hear good thing about that place with great fishing. I'm trying to expand my fishing territory to see what all this great state has to offer! I've lived here my whole life but only branched out so far and really plan on trying new places!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2014, 03:51 AM »
Welcome to the site.

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:06 AM »
Welcome and tight lines

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2014, 10:18 AM »
Welcome Josh, I'm sure you'll see a few of us up in your neck of the woods shortly. If ya ever see me on the ice and need anything or help with anything just give a shout.
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Thanks wileyc3! My main area I fish in the winter is Tioga County. I hit up Hills Creek and Hamilton lakes often and plan on fishing Hammond and Tioga lakes this winter. If you ever head up this way and plan on going out on any of these lakes I'll most likely see ya out there! Always looking for new people who love fishing to go with! Good luck to ya sir!

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Welcome to The Shanty !! :icefish:

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:10 AM »
DITZLR 79  YOU mentioned most of my favorite lakes hope to see you up there. I usually stay 2or3 days when I go up that way as it's at least 3 hrs. depending on weather,then fishing dark to dark and then some. I would hate to take a nap while driving home if you know what I mean...

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:20 PM »
I also love fishing till dark and then some! My buddy and I got out on Hamilton last year around 11 am and stayed until 2am. It was a blast being out past dark and in the hut! That's why I love the insulated Eskimo shanty I got last year! It definitely keeps the heat in and was very comfy! We'll have to meet up some day and make a day out of it! My mission this year is to get the expert Don out on the ice so he can teach me a thing or two. Oh and look at his cool new toy! Makes my flashers look like kids toys! Haha!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Welcome to IS and hoping to get out on ice soon :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.