Author Topic: Fishing for Lakers on Simcoe  (Read 769 times)

Offline DawntoDusk

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing for Lakers on Simcoe
« on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:58 PM »
Just curious......What are some of the most productive baits/lures on Lake Simcoe when fishing for lake trout?  I usally catch the majority of mine with a 4" white tube jig.

Offline LAKEBOUND

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing for Lakers on Simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Rapala ice jigs, big ones, I like white, silver and fire tiger colours. Williams whitefish spoons, large sized silver spoon with silver reflective tape work well, also the large "swammer" plastic minnow baits in white or natural. Also, add something brown and ugly to work near the bottom! A lot of guys have been finding Gobies in the stomachs, so something to try anyway! Dont forget to have a couple of lipless crank baits in the box, they are handy and really fun to fish with!

Offline randaller

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing for Lakers on Simcoe
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2014, 09:48 AM »
LAKEBOUND is on the ball with the lure selection!

Lots of people use white for everything and it works really well but don’t be afraid to experiment with color. One of my favorite color swimbaits is chartreuses. These fish see a lot of white baits during their life time so something different really gets their attention.

And don’t be afraid to go really big either. Every once and a while you will catch a fish with a 14”+ Herring in its throat so a 7”-8” swim bait is certainly not too big.

Matt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.