The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: What are people thinking?  (Read 2426 times)

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
What are people thinking?
« on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:34 PM »
I'm sitting here trying to wrap my head around what some people are thinking at Keyhole right now.  In the past two/three weeks there have been two instances where someone or something has gone through the ice.  Are there some bad reports or something floating around and people are thinking the ice is thicker than it really is?

Offline gemcityslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What are people thinking?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2014, 05:57 PM »
I'm sitting here trying to wrap my head around what some people are thinking at Keyhole right now.  In the past two/three weeks there have been two instances where someone or something has gone through the ice.  Are there some bad reports or something floating around and people are thinking the ice is thicker than it really is?

Some people...1) don't have any patience  2) are just plain stupid  3) the rest are lazy..... no other explanation.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Some people just don't have patience... no other explanation.
Well said, sir.    ;)2

If it could be fed to them, safety is a personal responsibility ~ more would stay on top.     :woot:

Offline eve21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:33 PM »
At least 5 or 6 spots of open water out there, a couple stretching across the entire lake in very high traffic spots.  Going to be very scary for quite a while. 
-Tight Lines
-If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him.

Offline wyoicenut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:40 PM »
depends on where they get their info, sportsmans warehouse in casper posted keyhole had 6-12" of ice a couple weeks ago. people need to check for themselves any time they go out.

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Use the tools that are out there to keep you safe and you can have yourself a great time. Early ice is some of the best fishing to be had. Can't bash it until you try it.  :tipup:
Ezyjiggin101

Offline zjlooney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:27 AM »
Use the tools that are out there to keep you safe and you can have yourself a great time. Early ice is some of the best fishing to be had. Can't bash it until you try it.  :tipup:

I'm not bashing early ice at all.  I've been out there the last two weekends and I've stayed on top of ice that was 6-8".  It's been great fishing so I don't understand what the hurry is.

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:12 AM »
I am definitely with you on taking atv on the early ice. That's just nonsense to me
Ezyjiggin101

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Related, but not the same. . .
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2014, 10:01 AM »
The tremendous enthusiasm for fishing Keyhole is apparent on several fronts.  I just sold a couple of power augers on CL within 24 hours of posting my ad.  I'm only sorry that I didn't have two more for the last two disappointed callers. 

My point is, 3 of the 4 callers were from the Gillette/Keyhole area.
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline msmith1956

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2014, 04:19 PM »
gemcityslayer said it all,

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2014, 04:04 PM »
   Have a spud bar,ice picks and a life jacket with if you plan on going on this early,unpredictable ice.

Offline RS_ICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Better yet. Strap a 10 foot 2x4 to your butt. Lol! Seriously be careful out there no fish is worth a life!

Offline rupton88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Always kills me when you hear of people doing dumb stuff, there is no fish big enough that's worth falling through ice for.
Randy

Offline Theforge60

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2015, 02:04 PM »
People need to be prepared when they go out on the ice, no matter the conditions. Everyone should have some sort of rescue equipment with them for either themselves, or to help someone else out that is in trouble.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Better yet. Strap a 10 foot 2x4 to your butt. Lol! Seriously be careful out there no fish is worth a life!
         Try one of the floating suits, give you some time to get out!!

Offline Iceman5510

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2015, 03:36 PM »
Also helps to know the lake and be able to read the ice.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2015, 12:23 AM »
Also helps to know the lake and be able to read the ice.
Iceman, you're right, that's half the battle.
Thread killer

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2015, 08:06 AM »

Many people do not think any more... period!  many things are automatic...ie... don't need to think about shifting the car trany...   many items are marketed as easy to use....(don't need to think)  thats why we spend millions to tell people ...  they shouldn't use cruise control on a slick road. REALLY??    They need to be taken care of...  cause they don't think about what they are doing.  The more they are protected the less they think for themselves.... just blame someone else for what went wrong.    ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.