Author Topic: Souls harbour derby at Echo lake  (Read 1941 times)

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
Souls harbour derby at Echo lake
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:09 PM »

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Souls harbour derby at Echo lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:19 PM »
Rules and Regulations?

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Echo Lake Ice Fishing Tournament – Contest Rules
1. Saskatchewan fishing regulations in effect. In Saskatchewan, you must have a valid fishing license to participate in any fishing tournament. This is a catch & release tournament.

2. Promoters and organizations assisting in the tournament operation, their agencies and agents are not responsible for death, injury, damage liability, theft or fire with respect to any of the entries. Each angler, upon entering the tournament will be required to sign a waiver form.

3. Five species of fish native to Echo Lake are eligible for prizes: Northern Pike, Walleye, Tullibee, Burbot, and Yellow Perch.

4. All ice fishing holes will be pre-drilled on the morning of the tournament.

5. The deadline for Early Bird Entries is January 31st, 2015.

6. The contest is scheduled for Feb 22, 2015 from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at Echo Lake (near Fort San). Only fish caught during these times will qualify.

7. Registration will take place on Feb 22, 2015 in the Jubilee Building at the camp, from 8:00 AM till 11:00 AM. You must bring your I.D., and if already issued, your tournament ticket and lanyard.

8. No one will be allowed in the fishing area until notified.

9. In cases of discrepancies or complaints the Tournament Official’s decision shall be final. No one else will be considered as a spokesperson for the rules during the tournament.

10. Prizes are determined by weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered wins. Each entrant can register as many fish as he or she likes, but he or she can only win one of the 15 prizes in the ‘Largest Fish’ caught category. However, each angler can also win any of the ‘Largest Fish Per Species’ prizes, the ‘Smallest Fish’ prize, and any of the ‘free’ prize draws.

11. Fish will be weighed by tournament officials only. The process is as follows:

– Anglers who land a fish must run to the weigh station with the fish, and water, in their bucket

– Anglers must supply their own 5 gallon bucket for transferring their catch.

– Tournament Officials will identify the species, weigh the fish, record the angler identification number, and log the time the fish was caught. The angler will initial and verify this information.

– The fish will be released immediately after weighing.

12. Fishing holes are on a first come first served basis. No saving holes for your buddies. The first 150 registrants (green tickets) will be allowed on the ice to choose their fishing holes from 9:15 AM till 9:45 AM, The remaining registrants (blue tickets) may choose their holes from 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM.

13. Contestants must fish within the grid (the area designated for the contest) and will be required to wear their lanyard (with numbered tournament ticket inside) at all times.

14. Collapsible tents, tarps, and windbreaks will be allowed but cannot be placed over the hole until 11:00 am. Sleeping bags, blankets, small coolers, heaters and chairs are also permitted.

15. Absolutely no pets allowed, no alcohol, no smoking on camp property or in the buildings, no motorized vehicles on the ice except for event vehicles (staff), and all containers/tents may be searched at the discretion of the event organizer. Electronic devices are allowed.

16. There will be a cash only cafeteria within the Jubilee building, next to the designated fishing area.

17. Prizes and trophies will be awarded in the Jubilee building at 4:00 PM. Winners must be in attendance to claim prizes.

18. Prizes are subject to a minimum of 150 entries. Holes will be limited to 350.

19. Failure to comply with the contest rules could result in disqualification.

20. The organizer may at any time before, during and after each event change event format if so required.

21. $75 entry fee, an additional hole may be purchased for $50. Limit of two holes per person. No sharing of holes. One line per hole. ‘Fish passing’ will result in immediate disqualification!

22. All entry fees are final. (No refunds if you can’t attend)

23. In the event of inclement weather, as determined by Souls Harbour Rescue Mission, all prizes will be awarded through a random draw format. No tournament registration fees will be refunded!

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Excellent I'll derby. Better each year so far. I'm all in!

Jig on
Jig on!

Offline Walleyeslayer306

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Excellent I'll derby. Better each year so far. I'm all in!

Jig on

Hopefully this year they don't drill all the holes in 3-7 ft of water, I know it's a catch and release derby but 3 fish caught the whole day was ridiculous! You can catch fish in 10-20 ft of water and still release them safely imo.
born to fish, forced to work!

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I was in 14 feet out in the deepest holes but ya was a little shallow on the one end

Offline Walleyeslayer306

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:53 PM »
I was in 14 feet out in the deepest holes but ya was a little shallow on the one end

Oh really, you probably were one of the guys who actually caught something then haha! I was somewhere in the middle and it was 6 ft and the guys at the shallow end were in 3 ft of water. I'll probably still go again because it's for a good cause, hopefully this year its a bit deeper water and more fish are caught!
born to fish, forced to work!

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2015, 04:16 PM »
All ready for the derby who else is going

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2015, 07:07 AM »
This frozen jiggin fool will be there! Can't wait.

Jig on
Jig on!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2015, 04:58 PM »
Hi all,
Just wondering how the fish derby was this year and I didn't go myself.

Did anyone from here have any luck? :tipup:

What was the largest fish? :-\

Were there lots of fish caught? :blink:

How was the turnout? ???

I bet it was fairly chilly out there that day.

WW

Looking for that BIG BITE!

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2015, 06:07 PM »
No wind and sun shining made it feel not bad. Most were in huts though. 18 fish caught by 12 people. I caught 2 small walleye and I know Spoxick caught 2 tullibe. I got the prize for smallest fish and 12th place. Was in the deep corner so I was just going for a fish knowing I would not have much chance catching the biggest. A well run derby with Pokeys being involved. Holes could have been spread out more . Think they should just clear snow around weigh area and a few paths in the fishing area. This way would be easier to make the fishing area way bigger. This derby will get to be a very big derby in the next few years.

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 01, 2015, 08:14 PM »
I got three fish finished 7th with a tullie I also got the biggest walleye award with my little walleye and the biggest perch award with a half pound perch

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2015, 01:09 AM »
I got 6th this year   also would have had 5th but you are only allowed one weight prize :( largest was just over 3lb pike 2nd was a 2 lb burb

ive had ticket number 001 3 years in a row and low and behold this year ..... I weighed  1st fish caught which was pretty cool

i caught 2 tulibee

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.