Author Topic: Trip in the middle of January  (Read 1682 times)

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Trip in the middle of January
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 06:59 AM »
I'm looking to plan a trip sometime in the middle of January.  We are taking around 6-8 guys is my guess right now.  Anyone have any good guides or locations they have been on a 2-3 day fishing trip.  Would like to target Walleye mainly, and keep the drive somewhere less then 6 hrs but flexible on that.  Right now i'm kind of looking at the Green Bay area.  I see they have some white fishing and walleye fishing guides and are able to do both.  Were looking for a trip that may be either partially guided, or fully guided.  We don't have any transportation out onto the ice, but do have plenty of gear.  We could take our gear along if there was somewhere we could land some transportation out onto the ice.  Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Trip in the middle of January
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:53 AM »
Saginaw bay or Erie.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 02:59 PM »
I'm hoping to be able to do Erie middle of Feb. or late Feb.  I'm working on a (old) sled right now and hope to have it running and registered by then.  Saginaw bay interests me also, mainly because it's closer.  I just can't seem to find much information about it though.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 03:25 PM »
I'm hoping to be able to do Erie middle of Feb. or late Feb.  I'm working on a (old) sled right now and hope to have it running and registered by then.  Saginaw bay interests me also, mainly because it's closer.  I just can't seem to find much information about it though.
you know, I would love to do an Erie trip. I would be game to share expenses on either of those two excursions!!!!

Offline PLake Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Little Bay de Noc. There are guides and shanty rentals available. The guides that we went with provided some transportation.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Well guys, I just had this very conversation with my wife a couple of days ago.  I just so happen to have a Polaris 800 that can seat three up front. It has a dump bed and a trailer hitch.  I could be willing to go along on something like this if we could meet up and get a chance to know one another.  Right now, I'm recovering from a broken left leg and shattered right heel.  I'm on my feet right now but I'm only about 80% to 85%.  Getting better every day and am thinking by the time we can get something like this set up I can be five by five. 

Offline muskiesteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:18 PM »
I have fished petenwell in Wis. a few times. I know a good guide up there that would be able to take care of you. OR I can always help you out with a few spots that I have done very well there. Walleye,Crappie,White bass.
The hotel that is just off the lake is i believe $50 a night and has a bar/restaurant. Jesse Quale is a friend of mine and I can have him help you out.
I have fished little bay in green bay but have not done well there. (Been there like 10 times.)
Now if your going to hold out for Lake Erie well there are a few spots that you can walk out to and do well. Enough guys on here can help you out.
Thats my opinion but feel free to PM me and I will help out as best as i can.
Good Luck
Steve

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Wow this went south quickly lol

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Give it some time.  Wouldn't it be better to have a couple of quality sportsmen to offer than have to sift through those that aren't?  Already mentioned I have transportation out on the ice, I'm surprised someone didn't jump on that.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:50 PM »

Where did the thread 'go south'?  All I see is others offering to help with places to go or saying they may be willing to join the group that goes.  What am I missing? ???

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Where did the thread 'go south'?  All I see is others offering to help with places to go or saying they may be willing to join the group that goes.  What am I missing? ???
Hey Wax, you're welcome to join me.  Got room for one more LOL

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2014, 03:56 AM »
Hey Wax, you're welcome to join me.  Got room for one more LOL
what. I meant is south of the top of the list lol. There were a few comments and then nothing for awhile. Didn't mean that the post was bad or anything like that.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:01 AM »
Dang thought we might be going to Misi.  ???

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2014, 11:07 AM »
Thanks for the offers CC and Crappie.  I will see how things shake out.  Right now I may have 8-10 guys that want to go and that's starting to sound like a bunch.  Of course first I have to figure out where were headed. 
One of the old sleds I was working caught fire and about burned the garage down on saturday night.  I should probably move that over to the hillbilly thread.
Bay de noc sounds fun, but I think it's going to be too far of a drive.
MuskieSteve-I may be interested in hearing more about Petenwell.  I am hoping to still get out on Erie later in the year, just not sure if I will have a sled or will be walking out.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2014, 02:49 PM »
Thanks for the offers CC and Crappie.  I will see how things shake out.  Right now I may have 8-10 guys that want to go and that's starting to sound like a bunch.  Of course first I have to figure out where were headed. 
One of the old sleds I was working caught fire and about burned the garage down on saturday night.  I should probably move that over to the hillbilly thread.
MuskieSteve-I may be interested in hearing more about Petenwell.  I am hoping to still get out on Erie later in the year, just not sure if I will have a sled or will be walking out.
no problem, that does sound like quite a crew already, heck, it's the beginning of the season, we'll get together and fish sometime this year.

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Quite alright Tater.  Just keep me posted.  I'm sure I'll meet up with some of you in January at the derby on the 25th.  I'm hoping to get back to work the first of February but I do have 3 day weekends.  That Polaris can hold me and two others.  It has a dump bed and can hold a bunch of gear and there's a ball hitch on the back for pulling a sled or shanty.  I'm thinking if we had a bunch of guys and split the cost of gas that would be a great time for us all. 

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:20 PM »
If you are wanting to do an erie trip and dont have a sled or a quad.. call around and research the guides. Some guides will run you out with ur gear for the day and pick your crew up 4-8 hours later for a fee far smaller than full price. This is usually done by air boat, but some guys will run crews out on machines. Personally.. id go to erie before bay de noc. Good luck with ur desicion, and have fun doing so!
Got one goin'!

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 22, 2014, 07:10 AM »
I'd agree with NDA.. Erie is the best place in the world to catch big walleye through the ice, you just might have to wait 3-5 years to ice fish it.
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.